Questions about Traveling South America

PhilipDT said:
Wow.

The there are no countries with reciprocity fees AND visa fees on that list.

If it says NO then a number, the number is the reciprocity fee.

If it says Yes then a number, the number is the visa fee.

If it says NO then no number, there is no fee.

I greatly appreciate you getting mad over a very reasonable clarification, but I have been told that Brazil has a visa AND a reciprocity fee, which is why I was asking what the numbers were indicating.

Don't worry, I'm not mad. At least you got your question answered.

Xeneizes said:
Question though, Since the label is Canada US and EU, I would read Argentina as the following

No Visa, $70 reciprocity fee for Canada
No Visa, $131 rec. fee for US
No Visa, No rec. fee for EU
correct interpretation.

PhilipDT said:
The there are no countries with reciprocity fees AND visa fees on that list.
If it says NO then a number, the number is the reciprocity fee.
If it says Yes then a number, the number is the visa fee.
If it says NO then no number, there is no fee.
correct interpretation

Xeneizes said:
Do you know where the prices for the visa fees are, or if i am reading the table wrong? Could you post the link to this info as well?
If the table says "YES $121" that means it requires a visa and the visa fee is $121.
By the way, all prices are in US$. And there is no link to this table. I constructed the table myself last year for some traveling. If you want to update the prices, then you will have to do the research yourself. At least this table gives you an idea of which countries have what policies.

Bolivia requires a VISA to enter, either overland or by plane, but you can get it upon entrance. It costs $135 (my info is from when I crossed from Peru in May 2011).
The reciprocity fees for Argentina and Chile are only charged when you enter Santiago or Ezeiza airports, and you ONLY have to pay once for the life of the passport.
I have never heard of an Iguazu day-trip visa. What I know is that Brazil requires Americans to get a visa in advance, which means go to a consulate outside of Brazil, fill out the necessary forms, it costs somewhere between $135-$150 (I never had to do it because I have dual citizenship and entered on my French passport).

Since you asked about using your DNI booklet, just so you know, foreigners are given a different sequence of numbers (I think starting with 99 or something like that) and they will know that you are not Argentine. Plus, my Argentine friend traveling to Bolivia didn't have his DNI booklet, but this special card that was either like a driver licence, or something to do with MERCOSUR so that he could travel without a passport/DNI.

If you travel overland to Chile or Argentina you don't pay the reciprocity fees. Or if you fly into a smaller airport somewhere else as well. GOod luck!

lucha54 said:
The reciprocity fees for Argentina and Chile are only charged when you enter Santiago or Ezeiza airports, and you ONLY have to pay once for the life of the passport.

Reciprocity fee also payable for international flight arrival at Aeroparque.

Back