Questions for Mr. and Mrs. Soulskier

DanP

Registered
Hey guys,

I just moved to Buenos Aires in November, and I'm contemplating a move to Bariloche for the winter. I had a few questions that I'm hoping you can take the time to answer.

1. How much would a decent one bedroom place near the mountains be?

2. How much is a season lift ticket?

3. When's the earliest I should come/when does it start snowing?!?!

4. Is gear really expensive down there? Should I try to have someone bring a snowboard down from the States?

Thanks so much!
Dan

P.S. I checked out your parent's blog... awesome!

DanP said:
Hey guys,

I just moved to Buenos Aires in November, and I'm contemplating a move to Bariloche for the winter. I had a few questions that I'm hoping you can take the time to answer.

1. How much would a decent one bedroom place near the mountains be?

2. How much is a season lift ticket?

3. When's the earliest I should come/when does it start snowing?!?!

4. Is gear really expensive down there? Should I try to have someone bring a snowboard down from the States?

Thanks so much!
Dan

Wow, we have never had our own thread before. I feel really special.

1) Decent studio is about $450/month and up, decent one bedroom $600 and up.

2) If you can show you are a Bariloche Resident, passes were 620 pesos and are good from 11 am on and not for 17 days during the holidays in late July/early August.

3) Mid to late June is normal opening.

4) Yes, gear is expensive and general behind the times.

Suerte!

OK, a couple of followups:

1. The prices for housing were in dollars, right?

2. Will I be able to show I'm a Bariloche resident?

3. Can I get by without a car? I don't plan on doing much besides snowboarding, working (from the Internet), and generally just enjoying my life thoroughly.

You guys rock! Thanks!

1) yes, prices were in green backs. You might be interested in our little studio, www.BarilocheStudio.com

2) mas o menos. They have been getting tighter, but as you know in Argentina, there is always a way.

3) you can get by without a car, but it is way better to have one. You will want to go places where the bus doesn't take you.

Suerte!

Back