Questions from a newcommer (más amigo)

Thanks a lot for all the tips! For those of you who care; we've found an apartment and are going to book it for one month to begin with.

My Spanish is okay. I have been living in Andalucía; Seville, Malaga, Granada and Cordoba for almost a year and have been enrolled as a student at Universidad de Granada, so I'm used to listen to strange dialects. Anyhow, we’re both considering taking some Spanish lessons, but it's going to be decided after we've arrived.

To answer your original question we used http://www.bairesapartments.com/
and had a good experience with them. The owner of our apartment lists his apartment with them and BYT (which was on your list) both have a good reputation.

Although we ended up not doing this - we had the option to pay through PayPal. So ask about that - maybe that way you won't have to have so much cash on hand.

Also ask if they can do a better price than what they are listing on the webpage. As it is winter and low season, some owners may adjust the rent a bit. I also noticed in my research that BYT and Bairesapartments sometimes listed the same apartments and BYT tended to list a slightly lower price. So it never hurts to ask.

Back