Radical change in rental law

TrevorCito said:
Like I said... make things easier, not more complicated. Make it easier to do business, not harder. Make innovation profitable and make Argentine products attractive internationally.

I buy it. But how do you do that?

The current regulation allows the renter to rescind the contract at no penalty after a certain period of time which is normally established in the agreement. i doubt this will change. Thus, the 3 year time frame will only benefit the renter not the landlord. If the landlord nullify the binding agreement is considered a breach of contract.

Well, it is all about that.
The argentine rental law looks for protecting the tenant.

TrevorCito said:
Like I said... make things easier, not more complicated. Make it easier to do business, not harder. Make innovation profitable and make Argentine products attractive internationally.

You are so right and that would be a perfect starting point. But with 40% possibly 50% or 60% of the population uneducated and in poverty that is impossible. With just the current labor laws that is impossible. With the new restrictions on trade now you have a disaster in the works.

I do not live in BA but here there is a significant population of poor with no jobs, no educations and no idea what is going on in the world around them. They could not, if they had to perform in a work environment it would be impossible for them. In ignorance and poverty they are utterly lost.

So the nation is broken with this mass of humanity that is in ignorance and poverty that cannot compete with other nations in business and productivity globally. And the few that can are stuck in a rut of insane bureaucracy that is crippling due to the wait of the poverty and corruption here.

Beyond that you have these other masses from other nations that are also poor and ignorant.

IMHO the only way out for this country is very strong legally enforced and pursued system of education to break the ignorance and poverty.

But that would also involve breaking the current powers that be and thus it is doubtful it will ever be done and it would take 20 to 30 years to do it, perhaps even more.

To far behind the curve and the options are to limited there is no fast fix. And there is surely not enough money and perhaps there never will be.

I live among them and love them but you have to realize that not only are they poor and ignorant. They are mentally depressed and suffer from many conditions that go far beyond the obvious poverty.

And in such a condition they just cannot compete. They just do not have it. And that is the cold hard reality.

It is not the entire nation but the entire nation is overwhelmed with such as these.

surfing said:
Not that I agree with the policies but: what percentage of Argentine society is it that you imagine jets off to Miami on a regular basis? What you are seeing at the airports is a tiny sliver of a population of 40 million.

Have you seen the lines outside the US Embassy? I was told that they process something like 1000 Argentine Visas PER DAY. That's just Argentines visiting the US...how many are going to Spain, to Italy, to the UK, Canada? It may be a small sliver, but those "jet setters" are bringing back tons of stuff to sell when they return.

People who can't afford to "jet off to Miami" don't have to, they can buy from those who do, or they can buy the used imports from those that upgrade. It trickles down.

perpetualholiday said:
Have you seen the lines outside the US Embassy? I was told that they process something like 1000 Argentine Visas PER DAY. That's just Argentines visiting the US...how many are going to Spain, to Italy, to the UK, Canada? It may be a small sliver, but those "jet setters" are bringing back tons of stuff to sell when they return.

People who can't afford to "jet off to Miami" don't have to, they can buy from those who do, or they can buy the used imports from those that upgrade. It trickles down.
1000 a day is nothing in a nation of 40 million. That would represent about 1% of the population. I don't care if each of them brought back 5 plasmas --- your perceptions of scale are WAY off. The percentage of that tiny group who actually bring back products for resale is even tinier...perhaps 1% of the 1%. Well-to-do Argentines I know would find the notion that they go abroad and bring back products for resale to be absolutely ridiculous.

Back