Ramos Mejía -- info please

harrisonba

Registered
Hi all,

I have lived in BA for a year -- 6 months in San Telmo, and 6 months in Palermo (Villa Freud). I am now considering a move to Ramos Mejía to be closer to my partner before we move in together.

If you know the Ramos Mejía area, could you please let me know the following, as it compares to Palermo or San Telmo...

• Temporary, furnished apartment rentals: Cost and quality (value)?
  • Perception of personal safety in the neighbourhood?
  • Cost of restaurants and cafés?

I am also looking for a reputable rental agency in the area. Thanks very much!

definitely cheaper but not nearly as comfortable as palermo/san telmo if we're talking restaurants, coffee shops, movie theaters, stores.
i'd say it's a little more dangerous

As said, it's quite a bit cheaper. And depending on what part of Ramos Mejia you're in will depend on your perception of safety. Some parts are pretty dodgy, but others are quite nice and full of families and pretty safe. But overall I wouldn't call it dangerous. There aren't as many cafes etc, and are centralised around the Avenida de Mayo area. It's a fairly long colectivo ride back to the centre of capital though.

Thanks, Andrew. I am considering the south. Yes, it takes forever to get back into Capital, but I work from home so won't need to do it too often.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
H Apartment Rentals and Roommates 0
Back