Rapidfire Round

oyvey

Registered
I'm being offered a position in Argentina on peso salary - 9K pesos per month gross.

Take it or leave it?

I have heard that it's virtually impossible for anyone to live comfortably for that much, but I just want to crowdsource.

Its a good wage for here... and if you want to live here take it.. you will live very well with that..

Guess it depends on the job - I mean, if you are a neuro surgeon it's a pretty low wage.... then again...

Seriously, 9K per month is a decent wage here, you may not be a king, but you will survive happily.

It is all right now, but this year's inflation is expected to be over 30%. Try to get a cost of living increase written into your contract.

A lot more questions need to be answered before we could guess as to whether that is enough or not:

- is this just you or are you supporting someone else?
- where do you plan to live? Can you provide a garantia for a 2-year lease or are you going to have to rent short term apartments? Furnished or unfurnished?
- what is your quality of life? do you plan to go out a lot? eat in or out?

$9000 pesos a month is doable, but you have to factor in a number of things.

Take it or leave it?

If that's the way they presented the offer......................Leave it.

If you want to live in Argentina, take it.

I personally wouldn't take any job offer from Argentina seriously unless you really want to live here or you really can't find a better salary somewhere else.

It's $ 2300 bucks dude. Inflation will also whittle this down significantly over the next year. Not really something worth traveling half way around the world for.

oyvey said:
I'm being offered a position in Argentina on peso salary - 9K pesos per month gross.
Take it or leave it?
I have heard that it's virtually impossible for anyone to live comfortably for that much, but I just want to crowdsource.

$9,000 ARG = $2,289.14 USD...in BA?
icon14.gif

Take it !....always there is the option later on to leave it.

9,000 pesos a month is far above the average salary here, but let's be honestly the average salary is not much.

I agree with sleuth it depends. If you are a single person or a couple coming here 9,000 pesos is more than plenty. But it also depends on a lot of things. If you have children involved its obviously going to be more expensive. It depends on what standard of living you are looking for too. We (my boyfriend, my son and I) are living off less than that but we also have a rent in pesos. If you are not coming here to live permanently most likely you will have to pay in dollars and that gets complicated.... There are a lot of things to consider. If you could give a little more detail I think we could be more helpful.

Back