Rate Your "Spiritual" Teacher in BA,yoga,reiki, your knitting class

mhenna11

Registered
Okay, I just wanted to share this with everyone today, because I was trying to find a similar experiences on this forum, Rate your Spiritual Teacher,because my search for good spiritual teachers has been very difficult.
When we first moved here, I signed up, by recommendation, a teacher training yoga program. The place, was on Mario Bravo, it had the smell of India, the look of India mixed with hippie tourist decor, and although I was suspicious already, I signed up for the classes. I paid 400 pesos for the month, and decided, this is a good investment. But the classes were awful, the floors were dirty,never swept, the windows were never opened, and the teacher, who taught the" philosphy" of yoga was so naive and terribly unprepared, it was shocking that she was teaching the class. In fact her students failed the course and were taking classes over and over again. For some reason, they never spoke up. (I now know why) . I spoke to some of the students, saw the frustration in their faces, some bravely, expressing their regret of even spending money and time on such disorganized program, that I immediately decided to request my money back.Surprisingly, they did. A week later , my partner discovered this article.
http://www.perfil.com.ar/contenidos/2011/07/20/noticia_0029.html

They are still in business. The guru to this place was arrested for doing some pretty awful things. Read it and you will see why we need a forum that rates these teachers, so they don't the get this far.

I have had a few experiences here in the yoga, "spiritual" martial arts reiki raw food hippie world, and there are a lot of frauds out there teaching in BA, ripping off a lot of people, foreigners, particularly, who use their power to manipulate their students to bring more people to their awful classes. I am tired of it. Collectively we have to put an end to being ripped off. I had a talk with another teacher about him not showing up for any of the classes, and he was quite arrogant about it, and dismissed my "petty" complaint, no one else was complaining, which is another mystery to me. Since I have quite a few of these experiences, I know that I am not alone.So, I am thinking of making a forum similar to "Rate my Professor", but with yoga, martial arts and spiritual classes, because these people are hurting the practice. I am shocked at how unprofessional some of these teachers are, and how full of themselves they are. So I am proposing as an ongoing thread for us extranjeros, to protect ourselves from bad teachers. What do you guys think? If you have bad teacher post it. We put the teachers name, the place, and rate it. They have to start taking accountability. I know that this could be complicated because in some schools I have gone to, the school itself is crooked because usually the bad teachers are the owners of the school, but there is always a great teacher hiding inside one these spiritual schools and we should praise the hell out of them. Tell me what you think... if you have a better idea, please post it, if you think I am being oversensitive, post it, I want to know your opinion, because it's an issue that has been bothering the hell out of me since I got here.

There´s a taoist tai chi teacher on Av Santa Fe circa 2750 gallaria. It´s not tuition. Just a tai chi class with a story, meditation or something similar. No real lessons but straightforward. Nice guy, friendly people and nice classes.

For something more overt I´d get in touch with hari kristioner types too. There´s a eco place out of city somewhere and I see a few bods walking round. Perhaps there´s some very open minded jewish and muslim origin groups around too?

My ex-novia totally opened my heart to feelings. En general.

I learned to love and to cry and to feel comfortable from her. So I would rate her about a 9-9.5 on the "spiritual" scale.

Napoleon said:
My ex-novia totally opened my heart to feelings. En general.

I learned to love and to cry and to feel comfortable from her. So I would rate her about a 9-9.5 on the "spiritual" scale.

Was she great in bed too?? Or is that why you were crying? I love the way you open your feelings to complete strangers, Besos

When I was in BsAs, I went to http://buenaondayoga.wordpress.com/. I would say that if you're looking for something that pays a great deal of attention to the more "spiritual" side of the practise, this one most likely isn't for you—however, I never am, and in fact find excessive chanting and whatnot to be rather offputting.

The ladies at Buena Onda, however, were absolutely fantastic teachers. I've never enjoyed a yoga class as much as I did these. The ladies are friendly, helpful, and pay enough attention to give you individualized help where needed. I didn't once feel uncomfortable in the class, in spite of my own lack of ability (and tendency to fall over and giggle) and the classes were varied enough that I never got bored. There's usually a focus on balance postures at the end, which is great fun. I really loved these classes and always went home feeling more at peace with myself.

I'd highly recommend them!

Back