Re: Alergias

Matty

Registered
OMG, and here we thought we were just the sensitive ones - in our household of 4, we have been experiencing the round robin of cold (just runny nose and sneezing, watery eyes) and flu (body aches and fever) and a recurring asthma attack and my mom has the worst allergy attack ever. It is in the air and the sudden drop and rise of temps. can cause havoc to one's body - just load up on fruits and water. It is the weather and pollutants that are everywhere. My mom made chicken soup (w/matzaball) - so far we have been good with that, and it helps that we have medicine that we brought from the US.
Good luck Fishface.

Yes it is bad this year - everything is blooming like an explosion. I have to change from my winter diet and go back to cooked fresh veggies !
Simplest advice is to avoid all dairy products (milk, cheese, yogurt, ice cream) and sugar. In this culture that is half the diet so it is difficult. I also have to add that wine is indeed SUGAR. - oh POOH !
From an Asian Medical viewpoint these things all weaken the sub system that rules the connective tissues. When it is weak the MAST cells do not hold and burst resulting in histamine blowouts.
Water - lots of water. And if you are stuffed up you can drink red tea - you can get it in most supermarkets here unlike the states where you need to go to a china town. It is Pu-Erh tea. Has strenghtening qualities for that sub system and helps to dry up the dampness. (Fat is just dampness not processed off the body - I have clients addicted to it - it does have caffeine so careful of drinking too much)
PS - Hangovers are also damp so the tea is good for that too. Alcohol is damp heat. Heat rises - steam goes to the head. Drunkeness is a MISTING OF THE BRAIN.

Oh El - that link is a keeper!!! I copied the graphic and saved it in my "work" folder !Besos !

I was wondering when that picture was going to show up again. Thank you for again posting that. Though totally off tangent to the cold medicine I was talking about (PROZAC for cold....?). And we all know that you Elpanada is NOT in Buenos Aires, so stop pretending that you are here amongst us.
You seem to have an issue everytime someone says something about the US. Some insecurities you have against US citizens or something - or were you just not hugged enough as a kid?

Hi. I've been having problems with allergies too and I just started taking "levocetirizina diclorhidrato 5 mg." This is the next generation of Zyrtec, which is available in Europe and Argentina, and it's supposed to launch in the U.S. next year under the name Xyzol. Here, the brand name I bought is Supraler. Zyrtec wasn't working for me here anymore, but this one seems to be working all right (I'm keeping my fingers crossed!).
Zyrtec is sold here as well (and most pharmacies will sell it to you even if you don't have a prescription) and so is Claritin (under the name Clarityne I think). "Loratadina," the active ingredient in Claritin is available over-the-counter under different brand names here.
Hope we all get clear, stop sneezing, and enjoy springtime in BA :)

I have just begun to sneezea little. I haven's noticed that it is more than usual, however. I am sorry to say that the worst is to come. Wait until the flowering trees are in bloom! I find that Allegra works fairly well when I have an attack.

"Matty" said:
I was wondering when that picture was going to show up again. Thank you for again posting that. Though totally off tangent to the cold medicine I was talking about (PROZAC for cold....?). And we all know that you Elpanada is NOT in Buenos Aires, so stop pretending that you are here amongst us.
You seem to have an issue everytime someone says something about the US. Some insecurities you have against US citizens or something - or were you just not hugged enough as a kid?

Pretending what?Don't be acting all pathetic on me now, have some dignity.

You tell me, what you are pretending to be! You really think, we all think you are here in Argentina - when you are oh so obviously NOT!
Pathetic, me?? excuse me but the last time I looked - you were the one that have been amassing all sorts of negative commentaries on this post. People avoid you like the plague, people on this post - detest the very sound of your name - and you call me pathetic? PULEEZZ How sad? Your life is so sad when you call others pathetic when OBVIOUSLY - YOU ARE!!
Have some dignity? You, Elpanada, telling me to have some dignity? What a bag of laughs that is! You? What about you? Do you have dignity? Do you even know what this word is - again- OBVIOUSLY - NOT!
We are talking allergies here ---ACHOOOO!

Back