Re: Care Packages?

"sheridan725" said:
Hola.
I will be moving to Bs As. in June for about 6 months. I am on a number of medications and will need them to be sent from the U.S. Has anyone had any experience with meds being sent to Argentina? Any problem seen?
Carlos

I had my sister send me birth control via FedEx. She stuck it in a big NY Times Sunday newspaper and labeled it "papers" on the customs shipping form. It arrived fine. We did that because my friend had her mom send meds and labeled it meds and she had a whole bunch of problems.
They don´t have your birth control here? It is probably cheap (like 12 USD a pack) and you don´t need a prescription.

No, they do not have the birth control I was taking. But since then, I have switched to a local one, and you're right- it's cheap, like $17 pesos.
Birth control here is one dosis of the same level of hormones for the whole month, unlike Ortho Tri-Cyclen that uses different levels throughout the month. My doctor told me that the different level hormone birth controls were never popular here, so they stopped selling them.

Wow, That really sounds bad! My mother in law usually sends us big care packages via regular mail and we never had to pay a dime and we always got tehm ( one every 2-3 months ) in the last 3 years.

Back