Re: Cop ripped us off

Granadaiscool, would you mind checking the facts before posting? It
has been over a decade since the requirements for entry into
the Escuela de Cadetes de Policia Ramón Falcón were changed.And next time you want to call a cop a moron, don't do it here. Go out to the street and call one a moron to his face.And
being in the police force is not a sure thing for anyone anymore. The
minute they make a mistake, they are either exonerated or go straight
to jail.This is my last posting on this subject.

"Ernie" said:
Granadaiscool, would you mind checking the facts before posting? It
has been over a decade since the requirements for entry into
the Escuela de Cadetes de Policia Ramón Falcón were changed.
And next time you want to call a cop a moron, don't do it here. Go out to the street and call one a moron to his face.
And
being in the police force is not a sure thing for anyone anymore. The
minute they make a mistake, they are either exonerated or go straight
to jail.
This is my last posting on this subject.
I have better things to do then talk to a police officer

There is another side to this whole matter.I sorta doubt that all the cops in Buenos Aires are just gonna fuck off without their tip after having gone to the trouble of pulling you over and threatening you. In most countries it goes like the Judge he sides with the police officer not the civilian and I doubt that Argentina is all that big of an exception. But lets say that the police officer in question wants to do something more than to just have the rude demanding foreigner he pulled over pay some money at a courthouse then all doors are open for him really, he could A. Pull you out of your car and give you an oldfashion beating, B. Pull a bag of weed from his pocket and say Ohhh what do you have there C. The sky is the limit.Instead of taking the chance of really bad things happening once or twice per year I think I'd act extremely interested and glad to see the officer when he comes up to my window and do my best to be overfriendly and then I'd try getting off with paying like 20 pesos or something of the sort. They usually settle for 5 pesos from Argentinians.

"Elpanada" said:
Instead of taking the chance of really bad things happening once or twice per year I think I'd act extremely interested and glad to see the officer when he comes up to my window and do my best to be overfriendly and then I'd try getting off with paying like 20 pesos or something of the sort. They usually settle for 5 pesos from Argentinians.
Thanks for letting us all in on a brief description of your personality, chicken!

Enablers in any situation and any society is part of the problem and does not present a solution. Is this what we want to contribute to Argentina? We are now paying "tong" to the police? I will do as Ernie says and take my chances that way. After all I can always play the "Yo no hablo castellano" bit on them. It works wonders!

Back