Re: Missing British Food??

I looked on Ebay but it seems parcels are sent by Airmail which are not signed for this end. Anything I have been sent that way has so far been lost...

(missing british food is an oxymoron. beer maybe.)
I think you will find that Britain has possibly the widest variety of regional foods for it's area of any country in the world. Again, as in Argentina, you have to leave the tourist traps to get the true feel of the country. nobody does puddings like the British (except maybe the Italians).
The beer is a different story: all the great regional beers are being killed off by the large breweries. This tradition is now the realm of an excentic few (God save the excentrics).
Though I love British food, I never seek it out abroad. Locals everywhere cook their own food best.

A big greasy fry up followed by some warm beer - you can't beat it!

Hi .. thanks for your "interesting replies", I dont have the time or energy to write out lists with prices, my Ebay shop is on the Ebay UK site its called A British Food Shop, I supply food all over the world and so far have Royal Mail have only "lost" 3 items out of over 600 transactions, if you want me to send a parcel via Royal Mail with a signature your end let me know and this can be arranged... I look forward to hearing from you.
Thanks Denise

There is a new British restaurant - owned and run by a Brit - called Mash (Mexico 518 in San Telmo). Also, Bar Gibraltar (Peru 895) has good curries, fish and chips, and other typical British items on their menu. Hope this helps satisfy your cravings!

Reactions: bj
I thought this thread was going to be full of jokes. I can't believe that there are serious posts.

Hmmm, interesting.

But if you are calling curries "English", you might as well throw in BANGALORE on Humboldt (Palermo "Hollywood" by one block). Supposedly it is such an authentic London Curry House, that it's even owned by someone from London.

Napoleon said:
I thought this thread was going to be full of jokes. I can't believe that there are serious posts.

Hmmm, interesting.

But if you are calling curries "English", you might as well throw in BANGALORE on Humboldt (Palermo "Hollywood" by one block). Supposedly it is such an authentic London Curry House, that it's even owned by someone from London.

The British are a land of mongrels, that is what makes us so great. British food is the same, you will find influences from all over the world, but back to curry, I think you will find that it is a purely English invention, there is no Indian word equivilant, true it is inspired by Indian cooking and their wonderful spices, but if you go into an Indian or Bengali restaurant and ask for curry, unless they have english chefs you will get a blank expression.

Incidentally, it is now recognised that the best "Indian" chefs are all trained in the UK, wierd but true.

Back