Re: 'Opening-a-Business' Tourism

windy

Registered
Owned and run by expats
Alamo bar, American
shamrock bar Irish owner
Bangalore bar Gibralteese owner i think?
myspaceba irish owner.
i will do abit more thinking and add more later.
But the cafe/bar idea in Palermo was the best on that list by a mile,but the rents would be very high.
Remember expats and tourism have only become a big feature in BA since the crash of 2001/2

"windy" said:
Owned and run by expats
Alamo bar, American
shamrock bar Irish owner
Bangalore bar Gibralteese owner i think?
myspaceba irish owner.
i will do abit more thinking and add more later.
But the cafe/bar idea in Palermo was the best on that list by a mile,but the rents would be very high.
Remember expats and tourism have only become a big feature in BA since the crash of 2001/2
If you started a bar in 2004-2005 and somehow founded a way to keep the hookers, gatos and more of that shit out, you would have made a fortune. And you would have to have enough capital to buy your own place.
Burito joint in Lavalle - American hippies

you may consider them crackpot, but i am sure these people have worked really hard to create businesses here in BA
to name a few.....Sugar & Spice, California Burrito, Curves, Apartments BA, which I believe are all doing very well

"Fishface" said:
  1. [please enter any other crackpot idea here]
I have just invented a 3-speed turntable (33 1/3, 45, 78 rpm) with a USB port. I'm going to make a fortune digitizing old 78's in Plaza Dorrego in San Telmo.
But it doesn't count, I'm not an expat!CheersErnie

"Fishface" said:

I have just invented a 3-speed turntable (33 1/3, 45, 78 rpm) with a USB port. I'm going to make a fortune digitizing old 78's in Plaza Dorrego in San Telmo.

But it doesn't count, I'm not an expat!
Cheers
Ernie

Ernie, your idea has invention and creativity which all the above lack.
I wish you the best the your invention.
As soon as someone says 'holistic approach' or 'financial...' - I want to gouge my eyes out from boredom and dispair.
Oy Fishface, Hang on, I was joking! Do you really think it's a good idea? It should be really simple to build. I have to get a patent for the thing now...

"Ernie" said:

Cheers
Ernie

As soon as someone says 'holistic approach' or 'financial...' - I want to gouge my eyes out from boredom and dispair.

Oy Fishface, Hang on, I was joking! Do you really think it's a good idea? It should be really simple to build. I have to get a patent for the thing now...
Of course it is a great idea, but someone has beaten you to the punch unfortunately: http://www.amazon.com/Ion-iTTUSB-Turntable-USB-Record/dp/B000BUEMOO

"aussie_tim" said:

Cheers
Ernie

Of course it is a great idea, but someone has beaten you to the punch unfortunately: http://www.amazon.com/Ion-iTTUSB-Turntable-USB-Record/dp/B000BUEMOO
Stop!!! Thief!!!! That's exactly the joke gadget I had in mind!! My entire joke-business career is ruined! I was joking, but there's some weirdo out there who actually went and MADE ONE!Hang on, he's making money and I'm not. I think I am the stupid one here. Thanks a lot mate, you just really brightened up my day!

hahaha... hopefully you have some other fantastic ideas in mind for your retirement fund?? PS: if you can make me a USB turntable for a fifth of cost of the professional one I'd buy one! oh wait, my entire vinyl collection is still in Australia....

"aussie_tim" said:
hahaha... hopefully you have some other fantastic ideas in mind for your retirement fund?? PS: if you can make me a USB turntable for a fifth of cost of the professional one I'd buy one! oh wait, my entire vinyl collection is still in Australia....
I also came up with this all-new, cutting edge-technology-square-wheel concept. I'm still having a little trouble making it roll, but as soon as I get over that one... Oh, and I would also have to find a use for it. Most people seem to be still going for the round ones.CheersErnie

A collaborative business from my fiance's family is underworks and I am happy to help out any way I can. Does this count as opening a business tourism? Actually we are upgrading an existing business (20+ years old) merceria on Cabildo to a boutique store in Las Canitas.
I thought dedicating my BsAs time to help was my sincerest form of commitment to my future family. When the store is ready to open I will invite y'all.

Back