RE Taxes, Assessed Values & Ownership Records.

EL_TIGRE_de_Tigre

Registered
Can someone give me an overview of this?

I'll start with a few general questions, but feel free to give me more information than I am asking for as I want to learn.

Does Argentina have some kind of a publicly accessible data base, either by city / town or province wide that allows someone to search individual properties to learn who owns them, what the assessed value is / yearly tax due and provided a general description of the property searched?

Assessed property values in general:

How often does Argentina assess a property's value? Is it done from an exterior point of view, or does an agent of the government enter the building to inspect?

Once an assessed value is arrived at, can it be challenged? Assuming the property owner feels the assessment is too high?

Tax Rates:

How are RE taxes calculated? Who do you pay them to? Are they due and payable quarterly?

That's about the beginning of it all ... I am sure to have some follow up as the thread matures.

Thanks!

Does Argentina have some kind of a publicly accessible data base, either by city / town or province wide that allows someone to search individual properties to learn who owns them, what the assessed value is / yearly tax due and provided a general description of the property searched?

Assessed property values in general:

How often does Argentina assess a property's value? Is it done from an exterior point of view, or does an agent of the government enter the building to inspect?

Once an assessed value is arrived at, can it be challenged? Assuming the property owner feels the assessment is too high?

Tax Rates:

How are RE taxes calculated? Who do you pay them to? Are they due and payable quarterly?

That's about the beginning of it all ... I am sure to have some follow up as the thread matures.

Thanks!
If the property is located in CABA:

The specific property tax is called....Impuesto Inmobiliario which is part of the ABL annual bill.
The assessed value is called valuacion fiscal as shown on the annual ABL bill and it's value is assessed once per year. An assessment inspector
only visits the property if its shown that the property owner has added square meters without a permit. It is my understanding that the AGIP uses drones to identify those unauthorized additions. Or a neighbor files a formal complaint.
How is the property tax calculated??? Can it be challenged? Not that I am aware.
The owner pays it to the AGIP....in 1 annual payment due by Jan 15 or in pre-determined quaterly payments by the AGIP.

Okay, thanks for that!

Any idea what the tax rate is?

Any way to search properties to get an idea of what the tax is prior to buying said property? Or to find out who the owner is?

Okay, thanks for that!

Any idea what the tax rate is?

Any way to search properties to get an idea of what the tax is prior to buying said property? Or to find out who the owner is?
Tax rate is shown on the ABL bill as well as the name of the owner. Before I made an offer and put down a small deposit I asked the owner to provide a copy of the last ABL bill and a copy of the "reglamento de la propiedad". She was quite surprised but agreed to sent it to my escribano as I required that should the offer be accepted the owner had to use my escribano and pay 50% of his fee as part of the sales agreement.

Tax rate is shown on the ABL bill as well as the name of the owner. Before I made an offer and put down a small deposit I asked the owner to provide a copy of the last ABL bill and a copy of the "reglamento de la propiedad". She was quite surprised but agreed to sent it to my escribano as I required that should the offer be accepted the owner had to use my escribano and pay 50% of his fee as part of the sales agreement.

Could you provide contact details for your escribano as I'm currently also looking to buy a property here? Thanks!

My ABL bill from AGIP was delivered today. I expected at least a $2,000 increase from last year's annual amount. I was stunned that the amount for 2023 was more than double what I paid in 2022. I paid the bill for the year through the AGIP site by debit.

My family in the US can't believe how low real estate taxes are in Argentina.

My ABL bill from AGIP was delivered today. I expected at least a $2,000 increase from last year's annual amount. I was stunned that the amount for 2023 was more than double what I paid in 2022. I paid the bill for the year through the AGIP site by debit.

My family in the US can't believe how low real estate taxes are in Argentina.
I believe in the city they are adjusting based on inflation index.

My ABL bill from AGIP was delivered today. I expected at least a $2,000 increase from last year's annual amount. I was stunned that the amount for 2023 was more than double what I paid in 2022.
I received it as well. I pay the annual fee in one single payment. The amount increased by exactly 50% of what I paid in 2022.

I just saw online that my 2023 ARBA property tax is slightly more than tripple last year's tax.

The annual amount increased form just under $10.000 to just over $30.000 ARS-

This is not the first time my property tax in Argentina has trippled form one year to the next.

My ABL in 2007 for my apartment in Recoleta increase by almost the same percentage

Dec 24, 2007

"A few days ago I read a few posts about increases in the BA property taxes.--Someone wrote that their abl tax increased by 58%. Mine
increased form $196 pesos to $676 pesos. Yes this is a HUGE increase, over 300%! Nonetheless, the new amount is just over $200USD. I knew that my previous tax was absurdly low."

I will pay the 2023 tax in five payments of a little more than $6.000 ARS each.

If I pay the full amount now, I would be paying $90,00 USD for the year,

It will be interesting to see how much I will actually have paid by the end of the year.

PS: My municipal tax (which includes grading the street in front of my house) increased from $385 ARS per month in Dcember of 2022 to $630 in Januray of 2023.

Back