Reading- English, Spanish or both?

Do you read in English, Spanish, or both?

• I prefer to read in English

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I prefer to read in Spanish

Votes: 21 53.8%
  • I like to read books in the original language

• I am not a big reader

Votes: 18 46.2%
  • Other - explain in the comments

• Total voters

webteam

Administrator
How avid a reader are you? Have you gotten used to reading in Spanish or are you still partial to English?

For me, it all depends on where I'm reading... it's mostly English at home (on the iPad) and Spanish paperbacks on the subway. The Spanish books are ones that interest me but I don't mind not understanding every detail. But if it's something I'm passionate about reading...I think I'd be missing out if it wasn't in my native language!

Currently it's El Mundo Perdido: Jurassic Park in Spanish and Les Miserables in English.... an interesting mix!

I avoid translations whenever possible, so it's English books in English and Spanish books in Spanish.

My first language is English and I'm steadily improving my spanish - so I like to read in both and therefore having both is a great help!

English mostly, or Spanish rarely, if my brain's not hurting. But I tend to read sci-fi and fantasy, and I have a hard time finding stuff I like in bookstores. So I read online mostly these days -- places with free weekly sci-fi and fantasy stories like Gainespost dot com or Cat Rambo's website Kittywumpus dot net and so on. There's lots out there; you just have to look.

The original language is the best way to get what to author really wanted to say. My mistake: reading Breakfast at Tiffany's in Spanish, I loved the book but I felt I could have much more from it in English, I just didn't have another version. And the same reading The Train of the Ice and Fire in English wich is a great story about Manu Chao's trip to Colombia during the 90's...

Back