Real Estate Cash Out Help

Apparently the OP is not very interesting in answering or posting so why bother? There are so many new members to this forum that ask questions and then never even bother answering, heck I sometimes get private messages from people asking for very specific things and they just vanish... I wonder if these people are real or just trolls... (?)

nikad said:
Apparently the OP is not very interesting in answering or posting so why bother? There are so many new members to this forum that ask questions and then never even bother answering, heck I sometimes get private messages from people asking for very specific things and they just vanish... I wonder if these people are real or just trolls... (?)

I wonder as well if the OP is a real person, the original post just doesn't sound real, why would anybody bring something like this up on an internet forum? It just doesn't ring true. This isn't the first time I've noticed this. There was thread a couple of weeks ago about how to get money into Argentina for some kind of surgery. Why someone would go to the trouble of starting a thread like this I can only speculate, I have my suspicions.

gouchobob said:
I wonder as well if the OP is a real person, the original post just doesn't sound real, why would anybody bring something like this up on an internet forum? It just doesn't ring true. This isn't the first time I've noticed this. There was thread a couple of weeks ago about how to get money into Argentina for some kind of surgery. Why someone would go to the trouble of starting a thread like this I can only speculate, I have my suspicions.

Ok! I admit it!

I just wanted to see how long it would take gouchobob to say something negative about buying real estate in Argentina.:mad:

Two hours and fifty minutes after the OP:

gouchobob said:
Two things occur to me.

1. This is probably not the right place to be asking these questions. Do some checking around and ask the Argentines that are professionals at this. Perhaps your banker or real estate agent. There are multiple ways to do this and they know them all.

2. If this is now a real problem it sounds like a good reason not to buy real estate in Argentina.

gouchobob said:

The OP :
Aussie29 said:
I am actually a fairly frequent contribiutor to the board but started a new username as I embrace my paranoia.

Likely true ? If he really is paranoid, and he should, he will post again from a locutorio (just speculation) or he will not, what would be more clever.

In fact I wonder how possible -it certainly is- to write a novel using internet forums : by posting on various forums very atypical questions and retaining the answers that fit best the hilo.

French jurist said:
In fact I wonder how possible -it certainly is- to write a novel using internet forums : by posting on various forums very atypical questions and retaining the answers that fit best the hilo.

Or a screenplay.

French jurist said:

You could be right, I think there is some purpose behind it. Perhaps somebody using the answers for some type of marketing purposes, or something along those lines would be my guess.

steveinbsas said:
Ok! I admit it!

I just wanted to see how long it would take gouchobob to say something negative about buying real estate in Argentina.:mad:

Two hours and fifty minutes after the OP:

I didn't buy what the OP was saying, I thought it was fishy from the beginning. It goes without saying that real estate purchases by foreigners would quickly dry up if they thought they couldn't get their money out of Argentina when they wanted. With this kind of government this is a real risk people are taking.

gouchobob said:
I didn't buy what the OP was saying, I thought it was fishy from the beginning. It goes without saying that real estate purchases by foreigners would quickly dry up if they thought they couldn't get their money out of Argentina when they wanted. With this kind of government this is a real risk people are taking.

Argentina has had this kind of government for the past sixty years and real estate has remained a good investment. Sometimes prices plunge for a while, but always recover and climb higher.

I know for a fact that homes in Colegiales went from US$140,000 in 2001, down to US$80,000 in 2003, and up to US$310,000 now. A rollercoster ride, but a great investment for those with steady nerves.

SaraSara said:
Argentina has had this kind of government for the past sixty years and real estate has remained a good investment. Sometimes prices plunge for a while, but always recover and climb higher.

I know for a fact that homes in Colegiales went from US$140,000 in 2001, down to US$80,000 in 2003, and up to US$310,000 now. A rollercoster ride, but a great investment for those with steady nerves.

I know someone who bought a quite big PH in Cabrera x Bonpland with a big azotea for 40.000 USD in early 2002 :D . Now it's likely worth 150.000/200.000 USD. Bingo Bango

Back