Real Estate & IRAs - Topic Not Noted in Forum

HGQ2112

Registered
Think I've read through almost every thread on this forum and did not see this specific topic addressed. Has any former or current U.S. resident utilized self-directed IRA funds to acquire real estate in Argentina? If so, care to share any of your experiences with the process (e.g., ease/difficulty; timeframe; special procedures; additional costs; etc.)? TIA.

HGQ2112 said:
Think I've read through almost every thread on this forum and did not see this specific topic addressed. Has any former or current U.S. resident utilized self-directed IRA funds to acquire real estate in Argentina? If so, care to share any of your experiences with the process (e.g., ease/difficulty; timeframe; special procedures; additional costs; etc.)? TIA.

I don't think that most U.S. citizens are even aware that they can self direct their IRA's to purchase real estate. Having said that, unless you have seriously deep pockets and do not care I would hold off from tapping into your IRA to purchase real estate in Argentina. Or, if you have spent so much time in Argentina that you know what you are doing. Your IRA should be very important to you.

Back