Reality Check

Julieta0317

Registered
What are professional salaries like at the moment in Buenos Aires for a college graduate with 10 years of experience and bilingual? Most of the information I have seen out there is fairly outdated since inflation got so high the last couple of years. Thanks

I'm not that good in answering this but I live here since 10 years. Depends on your field too.

My answer would be around 12.000 pesos.

And would that be enough for 1 person to live a comfortable life? BTW my field is Finance and Anti-Money Laundering

It probably depends, Finance and Anti-Money Laundering thats broad, could you be more specific. Do you have management experience? I reckon ball park figure maybe gross around 15k-20k, perhaps a little more. I guess neto/en mano that is around $11/$12k - $15k.

If its just you, you could live fine on that, I am sure it wont be near your quality of life in the states but you certainly wont go hungry or not be able to go out a bit.

Lol if you don't do well on your own with 12.000-15.000 you really have a gamble problem :p

Lol if you don't do well on your own with 12.000-15.000 you really have a gamble problem :p

What is doing well? Can you define that? 3K ot 4K a month in a 3rd country that has higher than 1st world price tags now that is a kick in the #$LL$.

What is doing well? Can you define that? 3K ot 4K a month in a 3rd country that has higher than 1st world price tags now that is a kick in the #$LL$.

I cannot even answer you, if you are not good with that money on your own (i'm not talking with a family) then something is wrong with you, more if you are moving for good and not going to rent one of the super over priced turist apartment, even renting one of them let you with enough money to do well. If your question is the definition of well that is on everyone so very subjetive.

Well I think only you can answer this.
It depends on what you want from life. for me 12000 is a good amount to live on here. You can enjoy yourself and still spend.
If you want to save into a foreign bank account then it becomes more difficult but not impossible.

Money isn't the only motivation to live here.

Back