Recession Continues Under Macri

Camberiu:
Now you are a mind reader? All this could be true regarding his father but not his son.At least we don't have any real indication that he doen't relly intend to carry out these reforms.You have already said that you have "no sympathy for him".
MY sympathy is now for the Brazilian people who are presently running the risk of having Their congress pass legislation which would be a form of self amnisty freeing those who voted for the 20 year cap on federal budget spending from corruption prosecution.,accussing the judges who hear these cases of miconduct and severe penalties and putting an end to the plea bargaining processes which have done so much to clear up corruption there.
A very sad commentary indeed.

Camberiu:
Now you are a mind reader?
Nope, just on observer, that is all it takes. Look at his origins, how he makes money, who he deals and mingles with and his actions so far. It takes no psychic powers at all. The fact that even after living here all these years you still can't tell a bullshit political artist when you see one is rather surprising.

All this could be true regarding his father but not his son.At least we don't have any real indication that he doen't relly intend to carry out these reforms.

I really would like to know what are these "reforms" that you keep referring to and hoping that he will implement at some point. Macri is yet to even utter the word in public. Please do enlighten us with the nature and scope of those reforms that Macri would implement if he only had the congressional support to do so. I'd love to know, because so far, it appears to be a deep guarded secret.

MY sympathy is now for the Brazilian people who are presently running the risk of having Their congress pass legislation which would be a form of self amnisty freeing those who voted for the 20 year cap on federal budget spending from corruption prosecution.,accussing the judges who hear these cases of miconduct and severe penalties and putting an end to the plea bargaining processes which have done so much to clear up corruption there.
A very sad commentary indeed.

Thank you for you sympathy, but we don't need it. That desperate act of putting an amnesty clause on the sweeping anti-corruption legislation that public outrage is forcing the Congress to pass has been dropped, due to the mentioned public outrage.
That is what structural reforms looks like. And usually it is the population that drives it.

Camberiu:
Last July Macri's gov't. outlined 8 points to achieve growth :
1) Lower capital cost
2) Initiate infrastructure public works
3) New measures re job training to improve productivity.
4) Tax Reform
5) Innovation in science
6) Stimulate competition in all areas
7) ¨¨ De bureauitize the gov't
8)¨ Return to the real world
To be perfectly honest, as I am sure is your case as well, I have many other things to do today than to go into detail on why each of these reforms has yet to be implemented.Reading the Argentine press it is easy to find sufficient explanation.
The BA Herald feels that it would be unwise for him to try and force people to accept to change their ways.I disagree.Argentines have made risk aversion into an art form and a way of life.I say, decree these reforms.For example: the tax reform that is being debated at this moment.
At the risk of sounding small,I would also say that Macri will also probably keep on for the next 3 years with or without your "sympathy".

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]1) Lower capital cost [/background][background=rgb(252, 252, 252)](How?)[/background]
[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)] 2) Initiate infrastructure public works ([/background][background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Paid with what funds?[/background][background=rgb(252, 252, 252)])[/background]
[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)] 3) New measures re job training to improve productivity. ([/background]As if "lack of training" was the big bottleneck for productivity here)
[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)] 4) Tax Reform ([/background]Such as? How does one reform the tax code without changing the cost structure? What are his proposals on that front?)
[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)] 5) Innovation in science ([/background]Paid with what funds?)
[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)] 6) Stimulate competition in all areas [/background](By what means?)
[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)] 7) ¨¨ De bureauitize the gov't [/background](With measures such as?)
[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)] 8)¨ Return to the real world [/background](Awesome. Good first step would be to outline actual measures and strategies, instead of vague bullet points)

Camberiu:
As I stated in my previous post, I have many other things to do than spend time detailing info on the 8 reforms.I am not an Argentine gov't employee.
Personally, at 74 I am now working in blended training.I imagine that you are also busy with other matters too..
Please read the Argentine press in English,Spanish or The Bubble -Brasil section in Portuguese.

Devalue the currency by 100% is the best way. Dollar to peso goes to 30:1. Argentina enjoyed a great recover after 2001/2002 crash, a golden 10 year.
Now the currency ratio went to wrong direction, how can you do business here ? who likes to travel to Argentina ? Artificially devaluing the currency is the only effective way remaining.
With 16:1, this only encourages argies to spend outside the country.

garryl :
Do you know anything about Argentine history in the last 32 years ?
Would you like to send this country into turmoil again like in 1975 ?
Would you like to see the military take over the gov't again ?
Then,you can start by devaluing the currency by 100%.
Google: El Rodrigazo in English. Be sure to read "The Aftermath" section.
The first step in that nightmare was a 150% devaluation of the commercial exchange rate.
I visited here then and I will never forget it.

garryl :
Do you know anything about Argentine history in the last 32 years ?
Would you like to send this country into turmoil again like in 1975 ?
Would you like to see the military take over the gov't again ?
Then,you can start by devaluing the currency by 100%.
Google: El Rodrigazo in English. Be sure to read "The Aftermath" section.
The first step in that nightmare was a 150% devaluation of the commercial exchange rate.
I visited here then and I will never forget it.
yes, devalue is good. History is past.

Back