Recession Continues Under Macri

Trade,investment,innovations and sound economic instituions make up economic progress
Besides, financial investment Argentina must make more investment in human capital,in PEOPLE by improvimg its educational and training systems
So that when new companies and businesses are created through entrepreneurship,they will be able to count on having the necessary pool of prospective employees
Definitely, making it easier to open and run a new business have got to be greatly simplied.Having had my own business here ,I can testify to that.
Luckily, the gov't appears to understand at least the point.on education
Cristina and Axel who worked Keynesian economics to death did little or nothing for the better in this regard.

According to Ambito.com, Trump has halted Argentine lemon imports for 60 days. http://www.ambito.co...nos-por-60-dias

Something else that I didn't know: there's an agreement to import Argentine meat into the US.

"[background=rgb(240, 240, 240)]El domingo, el ministro de Agroindustria, Ricardo Buryaile, [/background]expresó su confianza se respetará los acuerdos firmados entre su país y Argentina el pasado año para la exportación de carne y limones[background=rgb(240, 240, 240)]. "[/background]

[background=rgb(240, 240, 240)]Hope this is just a temporary glitch. We'll see.[/background]

Ed - Correct, but the agreement was signed under pro-trade Obama. It is looking increasingly likely that Trump will live up to the campaign rhetoric. I don't think this is a glitch.

I haven't had a chance to see how exactly this import suspension was put into place, i.e. if the suspension was part of a broader package of changes or if it is specifically geared toward Argentina. In either case, this is a setback for Macri and his government, regardless of the spin his PR people want to put on it.

Trump has also renewed calls for a border tax, which if implemented would be a huge departure from about 50 years of U.S. trade policy.

Awesome discussion! Just my two cents since the discussion has been excellent so far, but has ignored a cool experiment to deal with tax fraud. How is India doing? They seem to have similar problems of bureaucracy and tax evasion to my knowledge and the whole diverse super-populated country bit. The one thing that stuck with me is the attitude compared to most oft what I hear or see here is that even though it sucks we will do it, I´m losing money, but its worth it.

Maybe I´m wrong, but it seems like trade will consensually go down at least a bit geo-politcally and regionally. Argentina confuses me daily with contradictions and changing circumstances are always in flux, but it seems to me the foundation is laid to improve. Whether political costs mean sudden abrupt changes that were 2016 hallmarks worldwide we´ll see.

Back