Reciprocity Fee Question

duanestorey

Registered
I just arrived from Canada, and I paid the $75 reciprocity fee (single entry). If I take a local flight to see Rio or Lima, will I have to pay the $75 again when I came back (I'm kicking myself for not getting the $150 multi-entry now)? Or is the fee I paid valid for a certain period of time?

Thanks.

Yes, you will have to pay it again if you fly back into the two BA airports.

You will not have to pay it if you fly into anoher airport (such as Mendoza or Cordoba, or if you enter by land, as the fee is so far only charged at the two BA airports.

I'm unclear on this. My daughter flew into EZE last week and did not have to pay this because she did last March.

I'm unclear on this. My daughter flew into EZE last week and did not have to pay this because she did last March.

Did your daughter fly on an American passport? Americans only pay the fee once every 10 years, while Canadians and Australians have to pay each time they enter (lame.)

starlucia said:
Did your daughter fly on an American passport? Americans only pay the fee once every 10 years, while Canadians and Australians have to pay each time they enter (lame.)

Since it's reciprocal - I imagine the Argentines feel the same way about paying the fee everytime they fly into Canada or Australia ;)

Actually, since December 20, Australians no longer have single entry, they have multiple entry.

And yes, my daughter has an American passport which seems to allow reentry for 10 years.

Back