Recommendations for crypto or dolar transfers in exchange for USD or ARS cash?

As a US citizen, can you make an account with the Argentine Binance platform or another country equivalent that works in Argentina?
I don't know about you but this is my experience. They will create the account for you and you can move around in it but they will not fully approve it once they see either your passport from the USA or your DNI that lists you as from the USA. Your account will remain "unverified". They will then refuse to delete this partial account information and they will keep your "account" open (but not functioning). So you're out there for someone to eventually hack their servers and steal your info but you will not have a functioning account. Even if you contact their support they will not remove your information from their servers. It's bs.

I don't know about you but this is my experience. They will create the account for you and you can move around in it but they will not fully approve it once they see either your passport from the USA or your DNI that lists you as from the USA. Your account will remain "unverified". They will then refuse to delete this partial account information and they will keep your "account" open (but not functioning). So you're out there for someone to eventually hack their servers and steal your info but you will not have a functioning account. Even if you contact their support they will not remove your information from their servers. It's bs.
Thanks for the info. That's certainly very frustrating. Are you familiar with any other similar platforms that will accomplish the same goal here with low to minimal fees? Tried Coinbase, but it had pretty high fees.

Thanks for the info. That's certainly very frustrating. Are you familiar with any other similar platforms that will accomplish the same goal here with low to minimal fees? Tried Coinbase, but it had pretty high fees.

I use coinbase but only once here. Lately I've just been selling physical 100s. I'm leaving soon so just trying to draw down my cahs and take advantage of the high blue right now.

I know a cueva where you can transfer them dollars via Zelle and receive the cash in hand, with a 3 percent transaction fee. Also, is it a one-time thing? I have some extra cash I wouldn't mind letting go in return for a transfer, no fee needed.
Sent you a PM.

I registered/verified my binance.com with my Argentine PR DNI. No problem.

I know a cueva where you can transfer them dollars via Zelle and receive the cash in hand, with a 3 percent transaction fee. Also, is it a one-time thing? I have some extra cash I wouldn't mind letting go in return for a transfer, no fee needed.
Please pass me the details, I'm buying a house soon and everyone keeps suggesting i smuggle a bunch of benjamins in my prison pocket, which i'd rather avoid.

I would love the info also, would be really great to be able to zelle dollars for a 3% fee!

I walked into a normal casa de cambio 2 weeks ago and they were giving the blue rate for dollars -4%. Which was still a lot better than WU.

Exchanging at a casa de cambio is not what was being discussed. The question was how to send Zelle (or something other means) to someone here (obviously via a bank that's not here) and get money in hand here in Argentina. Some cuevas will do that, no casa de cambio will that I know of unless they have other locations that are secret. This is not exactly legal, or at best is in the gray area as long as you are paying taxes.

When CFK was president (not avoiding prosecution/prison as the VP), the govt used to raid some cuevas, arrested some of the leaders, in order to keep the price of the blue dollar down, among other things. Some places I've been to have big, thick steel doors with a narrow entry way and escapes out other places in case they were robbed (ostensibly) but I knew personally two guys who used to operate cuevas, who told me they were more worried about getting away if the govt raided them.

Cuevas that I know of that will accept transfers and pay you in cash (dollars or pesos, or even transfers in pesos to local bank accounts in one case) are asking upwards of 10-12% because it is so difficult to do these days, especially since the price of crypto tanked (one of the methods used to transfer value since it doesn't have to go through the central bank) and not as many people are buying crypto as were.

BTW: -4% is good for a casa de cambio (maybe great? Been more than a decade since I visited one). Though, I have someone that delivers to my house for the actual blue rate, if we are talking just changing money. Been at this for 16 years now (well, TBH when Nestor was in office, and then for Macri's term [a total of 6 years since I was here], I was able to use my CC and debit cards here...). One tends to make good contacts over time, if one survives here!

Sent you a PM.
Sorry to tag you here - I've been following this thread (and others) for a while, but I've just created an account and I guess that's why I can't send PMs yet. Can you send a PM to me? I have a question regarding USD->AR$ exchanges. Thanks!

Hey, does anyone know of any casa de cambio or crypto agencies that accept transfers, either USD or stablecoins, in exchange for cash USD or ARS.

I found one through Cambio Baires. They accept USDT and give you USD in cash, but it's a $300 minimum with a 6% fee. Wanted to see if anyone has any contacts they could sent me privately for alternatives with a lower minimum amount and fee.

I'm trying to get the best bang for my buck now the blue dolar has shot way over the MEP and CCL making WU and foreign cards not the best at the moment.

Thanjs
Che che, did you resolve this? I have smaller bills (20's up), I am looking to change for USDT or BTC. If not you, perhaps someone heading back to US?

Back