Recommendations for medical insurance?

ronnyjob

Registered
Hola a todos

We're spending a small fortune on medical insurance, and I get the feeling we're spending far more than we need to.

Does anyone have any good recommendations for a family plan - two adults (early 30s) and a newborn?

Currently have a mixture of OSDE & CEMIC, and OSDE is just too expensive. Have no problem low co-pays, just want decent cover and dental reasonably near where we live (belgrano)

Mil gracias!

Isn't only CEMIC good? I know that it costs $400 per adult for a good plan

We're paying AR$ 1900/mo from Qualitas for 2 adults (40) and an infant. I think they all just keep going up and up.

Have you checked the costs of a policy from an international co like Danamark aka IHI aka BUPA. You may find the rates competitive and you can travel with it as your circumstances change.

You might get a local plan cerrado, like Hospital Aleman, or Hospital Italiano. Both of them have clinics and doctors around Capital Federal.

Dental fees are usually not so expensive, so you may afford to pay them without the insurance if you only need the check ups done.

I recommend you quit OSDE and stay with CEMIC. I did it ten years ago and I don't regret it a bit. I also know from family experience that Hospital Italiano is very good in general terms. In fact, I have a friend working there and I know how qualified and professional he is. He was involved in my aunt's recovery after a complex heart operation and I can assure you he was committed and knew what he was doing, just like all the doctors around him. There must be flaws but if decent is what you aim at they both exceed that term.

I have Medicus, pay 900 and change for my son and I. /we have the top of Medicus. Blue Plan.With dentist included. is 65% off for being and expat. You may try contacting [email protected] Mary

I've had OSDE for 5 years, and the premium increases have been phenomenal, even with inflation factored in (I think about a 400% increase). I periodically consider changing to a cheaper alternative, but I'm happy with the service other than the cost, so I put it off. It's also that old thing about the devil you know versus the devil you don't know...

Back