recommendations? hotels in punta del este

amyostrander

Registered
i will be going to punta del este, does anyone have any great recommendations for hotels or apts to rent? i don't really have a budget as it is for my birthday =). thanks in advance.

2GuysInPM

Registered
Well, not knowing your budget is hard to make recommendations.

We went to Punta in January and stayed at the Hotel L'Auberge. It is a great hotel (ranks #1 in TA) and ideal if you want to go to Punta for a relaxing vacation.

scotttswan

Registered
I'd also look at hotels in maldonado as its basically the same "city" and may be cheaper if its cost that your looking at.

amyostrander

Registered
Thanks for the recommendations. I checked out L'Auberage and may stay there, it is beautiful and it right up my alley. I am just not sure if I want to be far from town. Do you know if a car rental is a must. Thanks!

2GuysInPM

Registered
L'Auberage is walking distance to a very nice beach. But for everything else, we took taxis to town, restaurants, etc. Taxis are not cheap, but might be more affordable than a rental if you only need them on occasion. The only downside to L'Auberage is that some rooms in the tower are very, very small. So pick carefully.