recommendations? hotels in punta del este

amyostrander

Registered
i will be going to punta del este, does anyone have any great recommendations for hotels or apts to rent? i don't really have a budget as it is for my birthday =). thanks in advance.

Well, not knowing your budget is hard to make recommendations.

We went to Punta in January and stayed at the Hotel L'Auberge. It is a great hotel (ranks #1 in TA) and ideal if you want to go to Punta for a relaxing vacation.

I'd also look at hotels in maldonado as its basically the same "city" and may be cheaper if its cost that your looking at.

Thanks for the recommendations. I checked out L'Auberage and may stay there, it is beautiful and it right up my alley. I am just not sure if I want to be far from town. Do you know if a car rental is a must. Thanks!

L'Auberage is walking distance to a very nice beach. But for everything else, we took taxis to town, restaurants, etc. Taxis are not cheap, but might be more affordable than a rental if you only need them on occasion. The only downside to L'Auberage is that some rooms in the tower are very, very small. So pick carefully.

Back