Recommended Place To Unlock Phone (That's Not 120 Pesos?)

How can you lock a iPhone 4S when it already has OS 6.1.3 update?

THere are two types of 'unlocks' ...one is a software unlock the other is a factory unlock with a code. The later does not depend on what OS version you have in your iphone.
Like NYCExpat & others correctly said, you can just go on line & get your mobile phone unlocked with a code..this is only possible usually if your phone is not under contract.
I have unlocked iPhones 4 & 4s through various online services, you have to pay with a CC & usually it takes up to 24hrs.

iPhone or Android, you send in you IMEI number (look it up on youtube for your particular model -it's dead easy to do) wait for them to say 'Yes' it can be unlocked, pay with you CC then you wait till they email you the code. Shop around for the best price.

How can you lock a iPhone 4S when it already has OS 6.1.3 update?

The cheapest way is to purchase a sim-8 tray and use that to unlock your phone. Here in Argentina, they are about 200 pesos or so, and you can then just stick your sim in with the new tray (it has a chip on it) and bypass the lock. On top of it, no need to jailbreak or install cydia, it just basically works. I have a Sprint iphone 5 I bought for about $300 that had a bad ESN in the U.S. (if you do this, check to make sure it's not stolen on the blacklist, I did this as I did not want to use a stolen phone). Sprint runs on a cdma network (argentina only has gsm), but the iphone 5s all have both cdma and gsm. The sim-8 tray unlocked the phone, then I was able to purchase a code/software to unlock the gsm side, and my iphone 5 works like a charm on Movistar 3g. I have a premium phone without paying too much for it. It would hurt if stolen, but not as much as if I had bought a brand new one for double the price. You can also use the sim-8 with 4s. It is already confirmed that it works with the new iOS 7 that is coming out.

I used this service to unlock my US iphone for $4.95 USD...http://iphonety.com/. All online and it was unlocked in 60 minutes.

Maybe he can help or point you in the right direction.

Tim

I just tried this service due to your recommendation. Worked perfectly, thanks. I was using software before to jailbreak and unlock my iphone, but it was a pain in the ass to keep re-doing the process every time I wanted to upgrade iOS.

FYI if you have an AT&T iPhone that is now out of contract they will unlock it for free: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

You can request it through an online form or give them a quick call.

I called and had my phone unlocked in about 10 minutes after using a GEVEY SIM for 2 years here in BA, never being able to update the iOS. I am now a happy camper :)

Back