Renovating apartment - recommendations for contractor(s)?

Sojourner

Registered
I own an old-ish apartment in Balvanera in serious need of top-to-bottom restoration - wholly new kitchen and bath, walls painted, doors replaced, floors refinished, electrical additions, etc.

The work could be given to a single contracting company or parsed out to individual contractors.

The problem is I haven’t a clue where to start in getting estimates from contractors. If anyone has experience with apartment renovations and can recommend reliable contractors I would be very grateful. Thanks in advance.

I hired an architect that did the plans, hired and supervised all the crews. He did the work in Buenos Aires while I was away in California. I was as satisfied as can be, given that it was totally not involved. If you want his contact, send me an email to [email protected]

I did the same, hired an architect, he did the plans, hired and supervised all crews, recommended where to shop for tiles, and other materials. He is actually still working on the project. So far so good, he's actually ahead of schedule. If you would like his info I would be happy to share. Direct message me through this site.

For two different complete apartment renovations here we used a salteño who's lived in BA for many years. His name is Hugo Baños. His number is 11 6803-2815. We did the design ourselves, but he gave us valuable suggestions along the way, so he could probably do the design as well, if you wanted him to. We picked out and purchased the materials ourselves, but again, that might be something he would be willing to do. He does good work at local prices, not foreigner prices. He's honest and reliable. I'd use him again. Argentine friends have also used him various times for both large and small jobs.

Last edited:
Mr Jose Arias is doing some work for my house at present, his whatsapp is +54911-4935-5151, he is very reliable, has reasonable price, and finishes on time. His nephew is an architect and they have a crew.

Back