Rent options in BA

good you will have a contract. the payment in pesos is certainly more in your favor i think, although i'm not sure i would want to sign a 2 year lease right now given the flux happening in the markets. prices could come down in a years time and you might find you are paying above market. just something to think about.

Hi all. My rent is up in April. My landlord wants 850,000 pesos with an increase every 3 months based on the consumer price index here (IPC) vivienda.buenosaires.gob.ar/calculadora_alquiler
My other option is to pay upfront 6 months at $850 dollars a month ($5100) in cash.
I transfer money here via WU.
Any opinions on which option would be in my favor?
One must figure out that the monthly inflation for a 3 month period compounded may reach around 40%.
Say 850.000 x 1.4 = 1,190.000. How many dollars will this amount be? will the dollar go up 40 %..!

Some tenants have agreed to a fraction of the IPC , say 50 %. You can counteroffer.

Last edited:
Current WU rate 1,064.50
Blue dollar chart https://bluedollar.net/informal-rate/
If you pay in dollars, you're locked into a fixed rate. If you pay in pesos, you get a variable rate with adjustments every three months. Which are you more comfortable with? With the crazy recent rate volatility, it's almost impossible to predict accurately what will happen in the next two years.

Last edited:
Right, this is my concern. The last 3 months the IPC shows an increase of 36%, but the WU rate has not nearly increased that much in the last 3 months, so I would stand to pay a lot more in pesos if the same trend continues

Right, this is my concern. The last 3 months the IPC shows an increase of 36%, but the WU rate has not nearly increased that much in the last 3 months, so I would stand to pay a lot more in pesos if the same trend continues
Good for you , some real state agents charge a commision of 20 % of the entire contact, it's illegal..!
This commision amounts to, on a 24 month contract, to 4. 8 months monthly rental..!

Back