Rental Law Will be Repealed Tomorrow, by Decree

It cannot be repealed by decree.
Landlords are pictured as ogres wanting to skim tenants, may be true in some cases . But they fail to consider the retired couples that depend on the rent of one studio flat. They need to be secured that will be paid in time, and as all products and services are adjusted some every week..! Landlords must receive adjusted rentals every month?

Prior to the original Rental Law of 2020 , the ruling Law was the Civil and Commercial Code that had been in effect for ages.

I really think this should increase the offer. Of course properties in touristy places will keep their prices, and overall north of the city. But in general an abundance of properties should level prices. Right now everything is for sale. I like it that a contract between parties prevails over any law ( in the end it is private property and it should be respected as such ). If this ( or any other government ) wants to help solve the enormous lack of access to housing purchase, they should generate genuine jobs, and do their homework just so there are mortgage loan lines widely available. Messing with other people's property is just not right!

I really think this should increase the offer. Of course properties in touristy places will keep their prices, and overall north of the city. But in general an abundance of properties should level prices. Right now everything is for sale. I like it that a contract between parties prevails over any law ( in the end it is private property and it should be respected as such ). If this ( or any other government ) wants to help solve the enormous lack of access to housing purchase, they should generate genuine jobs, and do their homework just so there are mortgage loan lines widely available. Messing with other people's property is just not right!
Yes and no. Messing with someone's property of course isn't correct thing in normal society, but when this property goes to the market, it's business, that is usually controlled by the government to some degree. Like every business is, and customers should be protected to some extent. Exist everywhere, even in us if I have correct data. Landlords in a way have always an upper hand, and some rules have to be established, otherwise you have wild West, where tenant doesn't know where will sleep next day. I'm not going to examples, but you can imagine some scenarios, when there is no regulation whatsoever, and lack of homes to buy and rent.

Yes and no. Messing with someone's property of course isn't correct thing in normal society, but when this property goes to the market, it's business, that is usually controlled by the government to some degree. Like every business is, and customers should be protected to some extent. Exist everywhere, even in us if I have correct data. Landlords in a way have always an upper hand, and some rules have to be established, otherwise you have wild West, where tenant doesn't know where will sleep next day. I'm not going to examples, but you can imagine some scenarios, when there is no regulation whatsoever, and lack of homes to buy and rent.
Well you will have a valid legal contract that states everything clearly and is to be honored, nobody will force anyone to sign what they don't want to sign and agree to.

there is not "zero regulation". if you sign a contract, then those are the terms. the renter is protected there by the obligations within the contract (such as, making repairs)

there is not "zero regulation". if you sign a contract, then those are the terms. the renter is protected there by the obligations within the contract (such as, making repairs)
This is exactly what zero regulation is, if everything is defined by contract between to none equals parties. If someone is desperate enough, will sign whatever. Or contracts will be written by lawyers in such way, that without lawyer you won't see the tricks...

I can see usa guys here defending this crap, but I don't understand why you are even here. There is land of the free, why not stay there and live this dream, without worries how it will turn out? Or maybe it didn't turn out too good there for you?

what enforces the contract then? magic fairies?

you don't understand how market forces work. being "desperate" is not the govt problem to solve, be an adult and read what you are signing. if you don't like it, don't sign it. how hard is that?

what enforces the contract then? magic fairies?

you don't understand how market forces work. being "desperate" is not the govt problem to solve, be an adult and read what you are signing. if you don't like it, don't sign it. how hard is that?
In the country, where half population is poor, quarter lives in extreme poverty? Grow up, if someone believes in magic fairies it's you.

Desperation of people is EXACTLY what government has to solve. It's there for people, not for themselves or minority of rich.

And I'm not calling to some harsh regulation, as it was in the law till now, but some reasonable safeties that most developed countries have. Property is not something you can endlessly multiply, and is one of the most important aspects government should take care of. Especially in countries like Argentina.

And later everyone surprised, when poor majority elects whoever promise scraps from the table..

This is exactly what zero regulation is, if everything is defined by contract between to none equals parties. If someone is desperate enough, will sign whatever. Or contracts will be written by lawyers in such way, that without lawyer you won't see the tricks...

I can see usa guys here defending this crap, but I don't understand why you are even here. There is land of the free, why not stay there and live this dream, without worries how it will turn out? Or maybe it didn't turn out too good there for you?
😒

And I'm not calling to some harsh regulation, as it was in the law till now, but some reasonable safeties that most developed countries have.

Yes, they are called, 'consumer protections laws and regulations'. Many countries have them.

Back