Rental Rate Question From Newbie

Judithann

Registered
Good day all. As a newbie I've been checking out the various sites for short term and long term rentals. What is an average rate for a furnished apartment in either Palermo or Recoleta? As a writer where is the optimal place to live? I read a few things about San Telmo. Is it safe and is tent affordable. Thank you.

If you want to live alone, I believe living in Palermo/Recoleta is going to cost you between $700-1,000 a month for a furnished apartment.

Shared apartments can be found for less, between $500-650 a month in those neighborhoods.

Craigslist is a good resource for finding either.

San Telmo is very safe. As for where a writer should live, it sounds like perhaps you're asking for lots of cafes (cuidado with your laptop in public), so those 3 neighbhorhoods are good. Fairly English friendly as well.

I think you'd prefer San Telmo/Monserrat/Constitucion as a writer. More interesting and you'll meet people who've lived in their barrio since the 60's. Palermo and Recoleta are very upper middle class / expat / tourist havens. But obviously you need to travel around and find the place you like best so don't commit to a place till you do that.

As a writer where is the optimal place to live? I read a few things about San Telmo. Is it safe and is tent affordable. Thank you.

A tent should only set you back about 1000 pesos. That said, most of the locals do without: just score a foam mattress, a blanket, and a couple of cardboard boxes and you're all set.

A tent should only set you back about 1000 pesos. That said, most of the locals do without: just score a foam mattress, a blanket, and a couple of cardboard boxes and you're all set.

...I think he meant "rent"

I have a friend who lives in a very large old apartment on the Retiro/Recoleta border. She would like to rent out a large furnished bedroom and private bath to an English speaker. PM me if you'd like her contact info.

Back