Rentista Using Blue Rate

datson2000

Registered
Hi guys, so I am eligible for the rentista but would
like to qualify using the blue which means no direct transfers to Argie banks.

Can someone please confirm based on experience if I am able to bring in funds using Azimo/Xoom and then cash deposit to an Argie bank account?

I have read through a number of threads but still not 100% clear on whether this is feasible when trying to qualify for the visa.

Cheers

Hi guys, so I am eligible for the rentista but would
like to qualify using the blue which means no direct transfers to Argie banks.

Can someone please confirm based on experience if I am able to bring in funds using Azimo/Xoom and then cash deposit to an Argie bank account?

I have read through a number of threads but still not 100% clear on whether this is feasible when trying to qualify for the visa.

Cheers

Unless you get lucky you will have to qualify for the visa before you will be able to open a bank account and even if you already have one, migraciones is no longer asking for Argentine bank statements for renewals (based on the experience of a friend of mine who recently renewed his visa rentista). If you already have an Argentine bank account (or once you get one) you can initiate transfers with XOOM and RIA. The funds can be deposited directly into your Argentine bank acount by their Argentine partners (MORE and ARGENPER) at the "current" XOOM and RIA rates (which you probably know are less than blue).

If you're from the USA you can also make XOOM and RIA transfers for pick up in Argentina, but migraciones will still want "proof" of your income in the currency of the country in which it is received and will calculate the value of those funds at the official rate. So, you can get the money into the country at the XOOM and RIA rates, but you must qualify for the visa and renew it using calculations based on the official exchange rate.

If you are preparing to qualify for the visa at the current monthly income requirement of $8000 pesos you should be aware of the fact that rate will undoubtedly increase soon and may (at the least) double, even if there is no significant change in the current official exchange rate.

The last time the income requirement for the visa rentista increased it went from $3000 to $8000 pesos per month and the official (and only) exchange rate had only increased from 3.09 to about 4.10 pesos to the dollar. I expect the new income requirement for the visa rentista to be increased to at least $16,000 pesos per month.

I am not sure that, if you qualify for the visa at the current income requirement, you will have to meet the new income requirement for renewals. The previous increase took place just after my third (and last) renewal). I don't remember reading any posts made by anyone with the visa rentista who either renewed at the previous level or was required to meet the new level.

So if I have monthly retirement income that is guaranteed (US Pensions) that is 9 times the current Rentista Rate how much do I really have to report? ;)

So if I have monthly retirement income that is guaranteed (US Pensions) that is 9 times the current Rentista Rate how much do I really have to report? ;)

You will have to provide migraciones with "official documentation" (which includes the Apostille) showing that your monthly pension income (in pesos) meets the required amount for the visa pensionado.

For example, if you presently receive Social Security income greater than $950 USD per month, an official "benefit letter" from the SSA would be sufficient.

steveinbas - I was being a bit sarcastic - but are you implying I only would have to show that I meet the required amount for the visa pensionado or would I have to show the amount of both my pensions and both disability payments? :)

Back