Rentista Visa vs Digital Nomad Visa

Yes I landed in Argentina as a tourist and applied for citizenship immediately with the help of a lawyer. Pretty much a textbook case, as I work remotely. No DNI currently.

Glad to know about about your progress.

Could you please share about the process as you have got the real experiences. In particular,:
  1. How long it took for you to file the citizenship application after landing on Argentine soil?
  2. Did you have have tourist visa or are you from a visa free/on arrival country?
  3. If not a private question, who was the lawyer, how was their services, fee, etc.?
  4. Did you ever cross ARG immigration counter after applying for the citizenship? Did you return hassle free to Argentina?
  5. How does the immigration counter treat people who are waiting to get citizenship?
  6. After lodging the application, do you enter Argentina on a tourist visa/Visa on arrival? Or the proof of citizenship application serves as a visa?
  7. How do you avail health services without DNI? Using passport ID?
  8. Any issues living without DNI?
  9. When exactly did you apply for the citizenship? Do you often visit the court? When you are expecting to get the passport?
  10. From your experiences, do you think that there is a possibility that the citizenship may be denied eventually?
Thanks

Did you ever cross ARG immigration counter after applying for the citizenship? Did you return hassle free to Argentina? How does the immigration counter treat people who are waiting to get citizenship? Doesn't matter. You are not waiting for citizenship. The court is reviwing your petition. Unless there is a sentence or a habeas corpus the immigration law stands.
After lodging the application, do you enter Argentina on a tourist visa/Visa on arrival? Or the proof of citizenship application serves as a visa? No it does not, for the ARG government you will be an immigrant and in violation of immigration law. A lawyer might be able to get you some sort of habeas corpus but it's a difficult game to play. But you would basically be stuck in ARG until your case is finalized. So can't leave the country without running the risk of being denied entry.
How do you avail health services without DNI? Using passport ID? No problem, you can get a prepaga with passport only.
From your experiences, do you think that there is a possibility that the citizenship may be denied eventually? Of course.
I discourage everyone who wants to go down this route from doing so UNLESS they are willing to stay in Argentina for at least 3-5 years without leaving. It's expensive and no one can guarantee you success. While the court is reviewing your case, for Migraciones you will be in violation of your immigration status and you run the risk of not being let in if you travel internationally. Again all those questions you post above are pointless, you need a lawyer if you want to go down this path. My best guess is IF you case is successful expect to wait between 3 and 5 years after starting your case. It depends on if the judge on first instance approves the case or not, if they do not then you/your lawyer can appeal which would add more time.

Back