Request For Advice From A Uk Non-Expat (Bit Of A Long Shot!)

andyw4

Registered
Hi all. As I put in my 'introduce yourself' post, I signed up in the hope someone could help me with a query - will keep it brief & hope maybe someone can kindly help out, or at least point me in a useful direction.

Basically I've been trying to obtain a copy of a fashion/arts magazine called 'Silencio', which is not available in print in the UK. It can be viewed online but for various reasons I'd like an actual copy.

I asked on the magazine's facebook for stockist info & they say 'can be bought at tienda malba and quioska alvear palace', it also says 'you can get at av. alvear and ayacucho'.

I have emailed tienda malba but no reply, even to just say they can't help :( also the alvear palace hotel, but not really expecting a response. The magazine itself did not seem like they were going to go to great lengths to help so I thought I'd try asking here.

All I'm really after is insider knowledge of the area that might help me - such as, what is this kiosk & is it part of the hotel, etc - anything that might give me a lead to someone who if I ask nicely, might put a copy in the post.

Thanks for reading and if you can help (and of course I'd be more than happy to help anyone with similar queries re obtaining something from 'over here' if I can sometime. :))

I realise it's a bit of a trivial-sounding question but hope it's ok that I ask here.

Back