Reselling Ipads In Argentina

John1017

Registered
I just wanted to start a quick help guide for help on bringing ipads from the USA to Argentina to resell.

(First of all this is not my get rich quick scheme, I just thought I would sell one ipad, to an Argentine a little below the Argentine price, and make a little money to help with rent)

From what I have gathered,,

1. There should be no problem bringing in a New Ipad into Argentina through the airport if I only have one and it is opened and not in its original box.

2. The asking price for a brand new ipad in Argentina is around $10,000 pesos or 1,000 us dollars,,,, Can I honestly expect to get paid that amount selling on craigslist or mercado libre?

Any other advice, comments would be appreciated. Thanks expats

you can look on mercadolibre yourself... I guess you have??? for example... a 5th gen 16gb ipad is about 700 or so dollars... or 8500 pesos..... but you have to find a buyer.. so many people here want to buy with credit in 12 payments.... but you can still make money... going to be very hard to get dollars for your item.. but it is possible to sell it for pesos..... but not easy to get top dollar.... mercardolibre will be hard to use as a tourist... and craigslist is looked at mostly by tourists who may not want to buy at top dollar prices since we all visit family or something and can bring these items....i tried a little of this buy and sell and it was not as easy as i had hoped.... my 2 cents ......best of luck

I've known multiple people try to do the Apple product resell scheme and it is almost always not worth the hassle. The prices on Mercardolibre are not really what people end up closing on, so be careful with using that as a basis.

Subject has been discussed a few times, here goes the synthesis:

Sure, you'll make money, and even get rich, and really quickly too!
But what to do with all this money? Then you'll start wrecking your existence, going out every night, buying fancy cars... And you'll lose everything.

In conclusion, not worth the hassle.

Garabino has 16GB iPads for around 8000 pesos.

http://www.garbarino.com/m/ipad-retina-md516le_a-apple/415f786832

May not be the latest and greatest, but as argsteve mentioned, you can pay in quotas, which is what most Argentines prefer to do.

Great thanks for the info, I know asking price is not always a good indicator of actual selling price.

I'm not looking to get rich or anything, I was just curious, also I wouldn't mind selling a new ipad to any expat, at US retail price. If anyone is interested let me know. The only added caveat I would charge would be getting to play with it on the way down to Argentina :D

If I sold an ipad air 16 gb for 5,000 pesos I would save an Argentine 3,000 pesos and still make $100 dollars.

Has anybody had any success with the Ipad "scheme"? So far from the last post it seems like it isn't worth the hassle.

To be more serious, you can make money by bringing electronics here, but you must be among the firsts to import a trendy product (like imagine when the Google Glass will become available before in the US: bring 3 pairs here a few days after the US release and you can double/triple your investment likely).

No, there's no good scheme in this context (you would need to expect to multiply the price by 2 or 3 to be EV+)

These good people want you to know that Argentina is not a place to do business. Not worth the risk or the hassle. In fact you would make more money and work less if you put a case of peanut butter in baggage and ran one small anouncement here. Gone in 60 seconds!

If I sold an ipad air 16 gb for 5,000 pesos I would save an Argentine 3,000 pesos and still make $100 dollars.

Has anybody had any success with the Ipad "scheme"? So far from the last post it seems like it isn't worth the hassle.

Think about what you are suggesting. Five hundred us dollars in green backs (cash) will yield you about about (11.50 x 500.00) 5,750 pesos on the blue market.

These good people want you to know that Argentina is not a place to do business. Not worth the risk or the hassle. In fact you would make more money and work less if you put a case of peanut butter in baggage and ran one small anouncement here. Gone in 60 seconds!
l
Ghost with utmost respect I disagree....just announced I had one bottle of maple syrup that I schlepped just to sell, and no takers! Altho I prefer nut butter to maple syrup, the former is available here (dame mani is very good!) and the latter rarely...that precious 11oz of weight in my suitcase is now going to collect dust in my cupboard as I already have my own supply. Probably should have brought the nut butter instead!

Back