Residence and Application for Citizenship in the Future

moving_to_ar

Registered
Hello everyone! I’m happy to have found this forum, as I’ve read many posts here and found them very helpful. I’m currently trying to understand the process for permanently moving to Argentina and would really appreciate any recommendations

About me: from Eastern Europe :) software developer with remote job, some savings, no property
From what I get, I can simply arrive in Buenos Aires and begin the application process, but I will not be able to open a bank account or handle taxes within the country initially. I am searching for the most appropriate type of visa or legalization process that would allow me to continue my work more openly, with bank account and etc

Thanks!

From what I get, I can simply arrive in Buenos Aires and begin the application process,
there are number of routes to obtain residency in Argentina but neither of them is as simple as "simply arrive and begin the application process".

If by Eastern Europe you mean Ukraine then in this case there is "humanitarian" residency which simplifies things.

Other routes include family route (having Argentine kid or wife), rentista route (having passive income, not from employment), employment route (having Argentine employer sponsoring you). Having foreign employer will NOT help you get residency in Argentina.

You can find all available residency routes here https://www.argentina.gob.ar/interior/migraciones/radicaciones-mercosur-residencia-temporaria

neither of them is as simple as "simply arrive and begin the application process"
Thanks for your message! but I know of a lawyer who suggests that I can apply for citizenship upon arrival based on the constitution, wait for two years, and then wait until my naturalization process is completed. Isn't it so?

...I know of a lawyer who suggests that I can apply for citizenship upon arrival based on the constitution, wait for two years, and then wait until my naturalization process is completed. Isn't it so?
I know of one lawyer who actually says (not just suggests) that, on behalf of a paying client, that he can initiate the naturalization process upon the client's arrival, but he has always stipulated that a foreigner without a DNI cannot initiate this process on their own...and even with the lawyer presenting the case there is no guarantee of success.

I wonder if the lawyers are "one and the same."

Nowadays 50% of the Federal Judges of the first hierarchy already accepts applications without the 2 years and they do not make you wait until the 2nd year that is a requirement of permanent residency. The fastest case I won this way was 2 years plus 52 days.

Back