Residency Attorney recommendations

Brucemj said:
I will be going for the Financier visa as I will be able to ensure I have the $2200 per month income. I am looking for permanent residency.

Ciao
Bruce

I think you are using the term "financier" for what is more commonly referred to as the visa rentista. That is the one that presently requires you to prove that you have a stable, non-salaried foreign income of $8000 pesos per month. You cannot get permanent residency immediately unless you are married to or are the parent or offspring of an Argentine citizen. You could also be granted permanent residency if you marry another foreigner who already has permanent residency.

It is not possible to get permanent residency until the third renewal of the visa rentista. Until then, you have to go through the ordeal of renewing it annually and reproving the source of income. It indeed may be easier if you use an attorney (less effort on your part), but an attorney can't get you a permanent resident visa any faster than the law allows.

After two years, you could apply for citizenship (without an attorney) and put an end to dealing with the visa process. You would still be wise to renew the visa at least the second time (at the end of your first two years), as it can take a year to know if your application for citizenship will be approved.

Please keep in mind that the income requirement for the visa rentista is always subject to change. Last year it tripled.

Chau (I know it looks strange that's how it's spelled here).

Steve

PS: If you search the forum using the terms "visa rentista" you will find many posts on the subject.

steveinbsas said:
I think you are using the term "financier" for what is more commonly referred to as the visa rentista. That is the one that presently requires you to prove that you have a stable, non-salaried foreign income of $8000 pesos per month. You cannot get permanent residency immediately unless you are married to or are the parent or offspring of an Argentine citizen. You could also be granted permanent residency if you marry another foreigner who already has permanent residency.

It is not possible to get permanent residency until the third renewal of the visa rentista. Until then, you have to go through the ordeal of renewing it annually and reproving the source of income. It indeed may be easier if you use an attorney (less effort on your part), but an attorney can't get you a permanent resident visa any faster than the law allows.

After two years, you could apply for citizenship (without an attorney) and put an end to dealing with the visa process. You would still be wise to renew the visa at least the second time (at the end of your first two years), as it can take a year to know if your application for citizenship will be approved.

Please keep in mind that the income requirement for the visa rentista is always subject to change. Last year it tripled. I'm afraid that many who received their visas under the previous level of about $2700 pesos per month are no longer able to either renew their temporary or apply for the cambio de categoria to permanent. In the next couple years, inflation could lead to another staggering increase.

Chau (that's how it's spelled here).

Steve

PS: If you search the forum using the terms "visa rentista" you will find many posts on the subject.

Hi Steve,

Thanks for all the information, I really appreciate it. I knew about the 4 year timeframe-time really isn't an issue, just want the process to start.

I did recently exchange emails with one legal firm in BA and they quoted me a price of around $3500 (US) to process and $1800 (US) annually for the renewal. Not knowing if this is to high or not (but seems a bit pricey) I was hoping for other recommendations so I could compare prices.

Not looking for citizenship.

Chau (thnx-hehe)
Bruce

Back