Resiprocacy Fee/lost Passport

I'm sure if people wanted to live in Argentina as much as they wanted to live in the USA and other developed countries there would be higher fees and maybe even interviews. But, this is not the case. I think that charging individual Americans for fees that the state department sets is pretty ridiculous. Australians and Canadians also pay an outrageous fee.

I'm not into politics. I don't care for the system. I didn't come here to argue about visas. I just had a simple question.

@MikeB12, thanks for an actual response. I'll have the cash on hand but, I'd hope there is some sort of record. My entry was recorded electronically.
@AngelinBA, the fee was like 240 or $250..I know it was definitely more than $200. I know the fee is lower for Australians and Canadians.

ineverlearn - the fee for US citizens is $160 USD. It's been that way since last April. Before that it was $130. If you paid more than that, there is a problem.

I'm sure if people wanted to live in Argentina as much as they wanted to live in the USA and other developed countries there would be higher fees and maybe even interviews. But, this is not the case. I think that charging individual Americans for fees that the state department sets is pretty ridiculous. Australians and Canadians also pay an outrageous fee.

I'm not into politics. I don't care for the system. I didn't come here to argue about visas. I just had a simple question.

@MikeB12, thanks for an actual response. I'll have the cash on hand but, I'd hope there is some sort of record. My entry was recorded electronically.
@AngelinBA, the fee was like 240 or $250..I know it was definitely more than $200. I know the fee is lower for Australians and Canadians.

Glad you got the answer you were looking for, but FYI, you were the person who brought up the reciprocity fee was "RIDICULOUS" and probably started things off. Maybe next time, you could just ask the question without heading the politics discussion if you dont want it to go that way :)

And as an Australian (even though I am on a work visa at the moment), I actually dont think the reciprocity fee is that outrageous, given the 3 months stamp is given with it, no questions asked. And, if I wanted to I could stay as long as I want and then just pay a small fine at the end of my trip.

Whereas, on the other hand my Argentina girlfriend when she visited Australia (& when she visited me when I was working in Canada), had to go through an extremely stressful and time consuming process just to get a 3 month entry in to the country, and then pay the fees as well.

Enjoy your holiday!

There are also strict passport security requirements for a country to be visa free entry to USA, this could in part be why the Argentines still require visas, as well as the political motivations of course. Would be interesting to know if the new Argentine passports meet the requirements.​

Yes no is not that the problem for the visa, is more political, i think not even the Argentine government really want to solve this so much, well actually the government here don't want people to do tourism abroad anyway so why would they care in arrange with the government of eeuu a reciprocal exemption in the visa requirements for americans here and for Argentinos there, anyway is very easy to get a eeuu tourist visa but is annoying to do the interview and is pointless, more than 99,x% of the people get accepted so no point to make people lose time and money in the interview, the politician should move their asses and solve this, both government have compromise to eliminate the visa for tourist let hope they hurry up with this nonsense visa requirements.

Wait - you have to do it over the internet? Since when? You can't pay it at the airport when you arrive any longer?

And it's definitely not $240 - last I saw it was $140.

ETA - According to what i just read, you can still pay it at the airport until Dec 28th at EZE. Can anyone verify?

My son visited me a couple of weeks ago from the US. Everything we read said that you MUST go online now (obviously there MUST be a way for those unawares to resolve this once landing) He had to pay online and present the receipt once he arrived. Unlike me, he does not have a sticker/stamp in his passport stating that he has now done this. We assumed that his name and passport number are "in the system". But would have preferred a permanent stamp. Now he is keeping the receipt in his passport just in case.

The fact you have a visa , and it is valid for ten years , and can be verified as it is in the computer system of immagrations , should prevent you from having to buy another. You should be able to ask someone who may actually know , not some of the people who answered here.

They are obviously angry and immature and are highjacking the thread.

But the simple answer in this country is do whatever anyone says without checking correctly , and just being dumb and subservient .

I say "Question Authority !!"

Whereas, on the other hand my Argentina girlfriend when she visited Australia had to go through an extremely stressful and time consuming process just to get a 3 month entry in to the country, and then pay the fees as well.

Now Australia allows electronic visas for argentine passport via the internet. Its a pretty simple procedure. No more ques for Australian visa for Argentines.

Now Australia allows electronic visas for argentine passport via the internet. Its a pretty simple procedure. No more ques for Australian visa for Argentines.

Yep and there is also a working holiday program. Things are moving forward. This all happened 6 months after my girlfriend came. Perhaps next they can drop the fees and then we wont have to pay like the new zealanders ;)

Whereas, on the other hand my Argentina girlfriend when she visited Australia (& when she visited me when I was working in Canada), had to go through an extremely stressful and time consuming process just to get a 3 month entry in to the country, and then pay the fees as well.

Yeah, they tried to make me go through all the hoops to get the Australian tourist VISA, including saying that they would have to hold on to my passport for 8 weeks. I told them to fuck off and went to New Zealand instead (no VISA required). Best choice ever.

Back