Resource for finding Temporary Apartments

How does Villa Crespo compare to Palermo? When I visited earlier this year I stayed in Las Cañitas which was lovely. I have been looking at month long stays on Airbnb and Villa Crespo seems to generally be cheaper and a greater proportion of properties with dedicated workspace. I’d quite like to stay in Palermo but almost all listings seem to be open plan large rooms with everything in one space which isn’t appealing since this time round I will need a dedicated workspace.

Does anybody have any suggestions for the best areas to stay that have somewhat bigger apartments with dedicated workspaces? I’m still quite unfamiliar with most barrios unfortunately having only really seen Palermo, Recoleta and Puerto Madero
Villa Crespo is cheaper and is safe besides you have on Corrientes the subway. It is located at few bloks from Palermo I suggest to go for a walk and see for yourself first. Then if you like the area I would start to look for a flat or put an add and have if possible at hand an attorney and do a lease unless you do a long term by Airbnb. I have my flat rented out by Airbnb for two years and is,working well up to now

You will have to go and see first properties but that's all. The whole city is on sale you can take advantsge in a win to win deal

Villa Crespo is cheaper and is safe besides you have on Corrientes the subway. It is located at few bloks from Palermo I suggest to go for a walk and see for yourself first. Then if you like the area I would start to look for a flat or put an add and have if possible at hand an attorney and do a lease unless you do a long term by Airbnb. I have my flat rented out by Airbnb for two years and is,working well up to now

Thanks! In which case I will likely get an apartment there then and perhaps it will be better during the day for working and only being a stones throw from Palermo. I’ll likely not have the opportunity to browse the area prior to arriving unfortunately but there seem to be quite a few apartments there with more space for more reasonable prices than wider Palermo.

Out of interest, you say that the whole city is on sale at the moment - in which sense? It seems to be a roughly similar price to when I stayed in Palermo for 2 weeks in February. I’m looking at Airbnb rentals for the month of September at the moment but I would’ve expected it to be a tad cheaper given that it’ll be early spring rather than late summer when I was last there.

(Admittedly there may be some fluctuation based on me looking at prices in Pound Sterling)

You will have to go and see first properties but that's all. The whole city is on sale you can take advantsge in a win to win deal

There are much less properties for long term rental than ever recorded in Argentinian history . Short term rentals are also very high in us dollars and do not reflect the value of the argentinian peso . In my city San Carlos De Bariloche its impossible to find a short term three month rental as well as a three year peso rental .

Thanks! In which case I will likely get an apartment there then and perhaps it will be better during the day for working and only being a stones throw from Palermo. I’ll likely not have the opportunity to browse the area prior to arriving unfortunately but there seem to be quite a few apartments there with more space for more reasonable prices than wider Palermo.

Out of interest, you say that the whole city is on sale at the moment - in which sense? It seems to be a roughly similar price to when I stayed in Palermo for 2 weeks in February. I’m looking at Airbnb rentals for the month of September at the moment but I would’ve expected it to be a tad cheaper given that it’ll be early spring rather than late summer when I was last there.

(Admittedly there may be some fluctuation based on me looking at prices in Pound Sterling)
You can also have a look to Almagro that is next to Villa Crespo and is more or less the same kind of neighborhood. At the same time if you find something on Airbnb and is for lo g term you can ask for a discount. By the way you can see both neighborhoods on Youtube very easily and have an idea. I show my flat when people ask me but Airbnb doesnt allow us but I dont want unhappy guest so I show it. Try to see the flat as a long term guest you have a good excuse!

To those looking for an agent I found one that was very helpful and found me what I was looking for.
Her name is Florencia and she is with 4 Rent Argentina. Her number is 54-9-11-6703-8900. Give her a try
and maybe this will work for you.

To those looking for an agent I found one that was very helpful and found me what I was looking for.
Her name is Florencia and she is with 4 Rent Argentina. Her number is 54-9-11-6703-8900. Give her a try
and maybe this will work for you.
What are the fees like? Is it suitable for a one month rental?

What are the fees like? Is it suitable for a one month rental?
If you use a credit card/pay pal there is a 9% charge. You will have to request this type of information from Florencia to get exact quote for you. I got a 3 month rental but certainly can be shorter or longer if that is what you are looking for. I got a very large studio with a double bed and walk in shower. There were a few others that she had listed as well.

If you use a credit card/pay pal there is a 9% charge. You will have to request this type of information from Florencia to get exact quote for you. I got a 3 month rental but certainly can be shorter or longer if that is what you are looking for. I got a very large studio with a double bed and walk in shower. There were a few others that she had listed as well.
In which barrio did you get such a studio if you don’t mind me asking? There seems to be very few places on Airbnb with walk in showers and it’s something I would like

In which barrio did you get such a studio if you don’t mind me asking? There seems to be very few places on Airbnb with walk in showers and it’s something I would like
I am in Centro, I am not knowledgeable about the various Barrios so speaking with Florencia would be your best bet at finding the area that you would want to be in.

Back