Resources for women who are victims of violence in their home

But what debate was opened? The OP offered no opinion, made no comparisons to abuse against men, and posted it in the women section of the forum. This was simply passing on information for women who may make the most of it. You are correct abuse happens against men too, but why did it need to be discussed in this thread? Just because it’s a subject in the ballpark?

There are no different perspectives to the information in the OP. Women have a resource for help, it’s a good thing. “What about men?” Was the first reply. The thread starter did not hint to know “what about men”. I for one would welcome a thread about abuse towards men.

Good morning Semi,

I am using the word "debate" in the larger sense of the issue, not per se with direct relation to what was posted. Although, I took the post as an open invitation to share my view as I see it and what I think I want to share with others.

Nothing "needs to be done" ... all actions here are voluntary.

I chose to make mention of my content because ... A) Abuse is abuse and it does not have to be unidirectional ... B) Because there is currently no specific section for the topic to exist, so in my view this was the closest place available.

I respect this service. If the administrator feels I have not followed the spirit of the forum. I will abide by whatever I am asked or told to do. I want to be here, I want to participate and until or unless the moderator of the forum tells me otherwise, I am going to assume I am within the boundaries of proper participation.

I am in no way looking to upset another participant on the website, I truly have no desire to be confrontational with others. But, it seems to me that when someone is intent to "hang their hat" on a response to a post that is not wanted or agreeable, with saying that it isn't related. Well to me that is an effort to sensor and cut down a differing point of view.

I don't know?

I am not intent on spending the day or whatever time going back and forth with someone over this.

So that you know, I have every intention to participate in a respectful manner, but I won't temper my point of view to soothe another. There would no point in participation if we all agreed.

Good morning Semi,

I am using the word "debate" in the larger sense of the issue, not per se with direct relation to what was posted. Although, I took the post as an open invitation to share my view as I see it and what I think I want to share with others.

Nothing "needs to be done" ... all actions here are voluntary.

I chose to make mention of my content because ... A) Abuse is abuse and it does not have to be unidirectional ... B) Because there is currently no specific section for the topic to exist, so in my view this was the closest place available.

I respect this service. If the administrator feels I have not followed the spirit of the forum. I will abide by whatever I am asked or told to do. I want to be here, I want to participate and until or unless the moderator of the forum tells me otherwise, I am going to assume I am within the boundaries of proper participation.

I am in no way looking to upset another participant on the website, I truly have no desire to be confrontational with others. But, it seems to me that when someone is intent to "hang their hat" on a response to a post that is not wanted or agreeable, with saying that it isn't related. Well to me that is an effort to sensor and cut down a differing point of view.

I don't know?

I am not intent on spending the day or whatever time going back and forth with someone over this.

So that you know, I have every intention to participate in a respectful manner, but I won't temper my point of view to soothe another. There would no point in participation if we all agreed.
I think we need to agree to disagree here. I will no longer participate in this thread because I am contributing to the problem. I hope someone who feels strongly about rights for abused men will share their opinions in a separate new thread where they belong. If we don’t interact on another thread today, I wish you a good day Tiger.

This forum is mostly made up of 60+ year-old straight white men. Not that I have anything against that demographic but realistically speaking, posting a resource here for women who are subject to abuse and hoping forum members won't react exactly as they just did is like throwing a sausage into a pack of hungry stray dogs and hoping they won't eat it.
your

WOW ... So many labels 60 plus, Straight , white , males..! I guess it's not a sin to be in that group and to express your views..! nothing wrong with Wurst..!

Last year a woman was murdered every 23 hours in Argentina. It was reported by one of the local papers. Pretty shocking. This year's rate is keeping up pretty much with last year’s. I was thinking,....what would happen if the genders were reversed?
I have a feeling that somebody would be doing something about it.

Last edited:
Last year a woman was murdered every 23 hours in Argentina. It was reported by one of the local papers. Pretty shocking. This year's rate is keeping up pretty much with last year’s. I was thinking,....what would happen if the genders were reversed?
I have a feeling that somebody would be doing something about it.

Statistics are available ? of husbands killed by wife's this year.

Nowt to do with the thread subject but for comparison....in my town at least one motorcyclist gets hit and knocked of their bike every day of the week here. The vast majority of riders aren't wearing a helmet, don't have a license plate or insurance, constantly ignore red lights, have kids and dogs on board etc, etc. Despite these riders sticking out like a sore thumb the police do sod all about it.

Nowt to do with the thread subject but for comparison....in my town at least one motorcyclist gets hit and knocked of their bike every day of the week here. The vast majority of riders aren't wearing a helmet, don't have a license plate or insurance, constantly ignore red lights, have kids and dogs on board etc, etc. Despite these riders sticking out like a sore thumb the police do sod all about it.
Okay, now even I have to admit this post is way off topic. Gettin' pretty silly!!

Okay, now even I have to admit this post is way off topic. Gettin' pretty silly!!

Is it silly though? If the police aren't up to catching those who openly break the law in front of them what chance is there of them stopping the scumbags who abuse women?

Is it silly though? If the police aren't up to catching those who openly break the law in front of them what chance is there of them stopping the scumbags who abuse women?
Now that you connect the dots, it makes sense - opinion reversed. You compel me to think otherwise, thank you for that.

I just received an email from Horacio Rodriguez Larreta for a Zoom call on Wednesday, Sept 23 at 17:25 hs. If you are interested in signing up, complete the form

Hi Janis.
I want to invite you to participate in this special meeting in commemoration of the National Day of Women's Political Rights, through a video call.

An activity that we organize together with María Migliore (Minister of Human Development and Habitat in the Government of the City of Buenos Aires) and Agustina Ciarletta (in charge of the General Directorate of Women) to address gender issues and their impact on the current context.

We would also like to know your experiences, concerns and proposals on gender for the City.

Back