Returns dolar turista

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course the 72 blue peso 'rate' represents the existing balance of supply and demand at the moment. It seems reasonable to believe that this value reflects the market need for dollars including those under the $200 dollar withdrawal limit. So the question, it seems to me, is what is the demand for 'travel pesos' and its effect on the blue dollar? If someone is traveling and plans on using a credit card they face a 30% tax + interest charges if they run a balance on the card....so it seems logical they would need dollars now. So the question becomes is how big is this demand? It is an elastic demand for sure and many will curtail travel plans...but again...by itself it is non-measurable. Except to the local travel agents and airline executives. Talk of a '82' peso travel peso then is superfluous. Christmas thoughts.

The Blue dollar value to Purchase is $76,75...!! IMHO

New Blue dollar values climbing. Summer Travellers will need dollars cash putting more pressure on the Blue dollar....

Blue 4,23%​
$ 75,00 COMPRA $ 80,00 VENTA
FECHA 26/12/2019 - 16:05 pm​

I've only been here for a month and the local money has diminished from 60ARS=1USD to 75ARS=1USD. That is freakin NUTS! Went to have a nice celebratory dinner at the 5 star Alvear Hotel the other day and the whole steak dinner for 2 was less than $50 bucks! My friends abroad were flippin out when I told them about it.

Ventanilla you praise these governments so much . Fidel Castro had billions in dollars in secret accounts while his people starved . Communism kills much more people than any other political system . There are many examples in history .
I am not going to argue with you here, but I think perhaps Fascism has killed more, maybe hard to prove either way.

New Blue dollar values climbing. Summer Travellers will need dollars cash putting more pressure on the Blue dollar....

Blue 4,23%​
$ 75,00 COMPRA $ 80,00 VENTA
FECHA 26/12/2019 - 16:05 pm​

which is better rate - dollar blue or western Union?

which is better rate - dollar blue or western Union?
The "dollar blue" may have a slightly higher rate than Western Union but it isn't "better" unless you have access to it.

That's why I'm using Western Union now and very happy to be able to make bank to bank transfers without leaving the house.

As Steve mentions if you have fresh greenbacks in hand you may be better off at the moment with the Blue.. no forms, no Records for AFIP..?
Aloha
Nonetheless, as Steve lives in Provincia Buenos Aries, 650 KM from the highly competitive cuevas of Capital Federal, he is delighted to use Western Union from the comfort of his kitchen table, and without any concern whatsoever about creating a "paper trail" for AFIP

A couple of months ago I read about Brubank, an online Argentina bank. Their services sounded promising at the time and I enrolled. Never mind that the way they handled the application process was enough to conjure up imaginings of what it would be like if they had my money.
They did get me signed up eventually and despite telling them I have no interest in their service they have opened my account and send e-mail updates. Today came the capper. A graphic showing how to buy U$ with pesos through their app. Using U$10 as an example. The cost is: the peso bank rate of 60.90 pesos/U$ + 30% impuesto on the U$10 = U$3.00 - converted using 59,89 pesos x 3 = 179.87. Total cost to buy 10 U$ = 788.67 pesos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back