rio Fu

Ryoga

Registered
has anyone gone rafting on the Fu. I want to go down there in Jan.
but all the package tours are pricey.

whats the best way to get there from BA?
is possible to go rafting for under 1k? the prices are unreal

If you must go in January, it will be expensive: it's the peak of their high season. If you are willing to go in December or from February they are offering three days for around USD850 on their website http://www.futaleufuexplore.com/rafting.htm

White water rafting will never be cheap when it depends on the same highly experienced, highly qualified raft guides and safety experts who move from place to place according to the season. This year my son, Elhijosinnombre, (a highly experienced, highly qualified raft guide and safety expert, if you hadn't guessed already) has been working in Uganda, Austria and Canada and in a few days time will be joining River People Rafting in Tena, Ecuador. It's what they do.

If you are looking for the experience on the cheap, you could always throw yourself into the water with a plastic barrel for flotation like they do at Bujigali Falls. But on a Grade IV river, I don't recommend it.

elhombresinnombre said:
If you must go in January, it will be expensive: it's the peak of their high season. If you are willing to go in December or from February they are offering three days for around USD850 on their website http://www.futaleufuexplore.com/rafting.htm

White water rafting will never be cheap when it depends on the same highly experienced, highly qualified raft guides and safety experts who move from place to place according to the season. This year my son, Elhijosinnombre, (a highly experienced, highly qualified raft guide and safety expert, if you hadn't guessed already) has been working in Uganda, Austria and Canada and in a few days time will be joining River People Rafting in Tena, Ecuador. It's what they do.

If you are looking for the experience on the cheap, you could always throw yourself into the water with a plastic barrel for flotation like they do at Bujigali Falls. But on a Grade IV river, I don't recommend it.

I've on done class II or III rapids in costa rica and I'm not a tip-top swimmer; should I still try rio Fu?

I'll most likely go in Dec. now

thanks

R

Back