River vs Boca - March 20th

mayuspope

Registered
Hi there-

My family and I will be visiting family in BA in March and I'd love to get tickets to the River/Boca game scheduled for March 20th. Any leads on how to procure tickets?

Thank you!
Mariana

There are Airbnb "experiences" to go and see football matches, but I think there are restrictions on River / Boca derbies (one team's fans not allowed to travel to the other team's stadium, etc).

Save yourself the time and effort, its impossible. All tickets for River and Boca matches (even when they aren't playing each other) are sold only through fan clubs affiliated with the team, a measure taken up a few years ago to ensure the only ones attending the stadium are fans of the team. From what I gather this was more to prevent violence against opposing fans or riots between groups of fans rather than sandbagging for a home field advantage. Procuring a ticket for a River or Boca match against an unimportant opponent is something I was unable to accomplish, through no shortage of trying. As far as the almighty River vs Boca match, its probably easier to get a ticket to the Super Bowl on Sunday. I'm not being a pessimist here, its just not available to anyone that isn't a lifelong fan. If you do try to find them somehow, what's going to happen is you are going to end up paying someone a lot of money to rip you off. ABSOLUTELY ZERO of the websites that will tell you they have tickets, or that a third party is selling tickets and they are the middleman are legit. I know this might be a little difficult to comprehend (I've shown up to dozens of professional sporting events and bought couple of seats off a scalper outside the stadium after the game started, its not a bad approach), but I promise this just isn't available to you. Stubhub and the like don't exist. I would recommend reserving some seats in a sports bar a couple days in advance and watch it on the big screen. Side note: if you plan on going anywhere from a couple hours before through a couple hours after the game, its going to be insanely difficult to find a taxi. The drivers are all watching the game themselves somewhere.

Last edited:
It is not impossible, and if you are willing to pay good money then you could possibly do it. In 2018 I went to the River - Boca game in Libertadores. I got the ticket via Viagogo. I paid about 1000 bucks for that, and it all worked well with them. When the game then got finally cancelled, I also got the refund as I paid with an international credit card. And we are talking about the supposedly biggest in football match in history (according to the locals here).

Now a "normal" River - Boca game I would expect the prices to be somewhere between 100 and 300 USD. And if you are football / soccer fan then it is certainly worth the money. So I would check these international ticket reseller pages whether they still operate here. In 2018 it was possible.

I hate to promote my own services, but we do attend the Superclasico every year so it is not impossible, it's just pricey based on some of the factors listed above + very limited supply. And it can be a real pain depending on what the clubs are doing for security that year (closing gates early, requiring photo ID, etc).

We're just getting going again after a very difficult 2 years of covid downtime, but we should update options here in the coming week or two: https://landingpadba.com/buenos-aires-soccer-tickets-2022-2023-games/

I will say that this may not be the most family friendly game though if your kids are young. The stadium will be oversold, the crowd will be very excited by Argentine insane futbol standards and the security/police can be aggressive Superclasico days.

It is not impossible, and if you are willing to pay good money then you could possibly do it. In 2018 I went to the River - Boca game in Libertadores. I got the ticket via Viagogo. I paid about 1000 bucks for that, and it all worked well with them. When the game then got finally cancelled, I also got the refund as I paid with an international credit card. And we are talking about the supposedly biggest in football match in history (according to the locals here).

Now a "normal" River - Boca game I would expect the prices to be somewhere between 100 and 300 USD. And if you are football / soccer fan then it is certainly worth the money. So I would check these international ticket reseller pages whether they still operate here. In 2018 it was
I hate to promote my own services, but we do attend the Superclasico every year so it is not impossible, it's just pricey based on some of the factors listed above + very limited supply. And it can be a real pain depending on what the clubs are doing for security that year (closing gates early, requiring photo ID, etc).

We're just getting going again after a very difficult 2 years of covid downtime, but we should update options here in the coming week or two: https://landingpadba.com/buenos-aires-soccer-tickets-2022-2023-games/

I will say that this may not be the most family friendly game though if your kids are young. The stadium will be oversold, the crowd will be very excited by Argentine insane futbol standards and the security/police can be aggressive Superclasico days.
well shit, I guess I stand corrected then. Now I'm feeling splurgy for some of those superclasico tickets.

I hate to promote my own services ....
Don't worry, lawyers here are doing it all the time ....

I bookmarked your company, thanks for that. I might be contacting you at one point.

Reactions: Jed

Not impossible at all to go to major Argentine league matches. I have gone to a couple pre-pandemic matches with you guys at Landingpadba.com. I also recommended friends to you, as well, and everything went great ...including matches at La Bombonera. Glad to see you are getting going again. Suerte. Y Dale Bo!

Reactions: Jed
Not impossible at all to go to major Argentine league matches. I have gone to a couple pre-pandemic matches with you guys at Landingpadba.com. I also recommended friends to you, as well, and everything went great ...including matches at La Bombonera. Glad to see you are getting going again. Suerte. Y Dale Bo!
I really appreciate that, thank you. It has been a painful 2 years and we're just trying to piece everything together again. Hope to have a full site redesign in the coming months, new hires, new contacts...fingers crossed!

any ideas on where one could locate a couple tickets to the semifinal this Saturday in Lanus?

Back