Romaine Lettuce

cruizes

Registered
I am craving for a Caesar Salad but can't find Romaine. Any suggestions????

Romaine lettuce = lechuga criolla, it's very easy to find go to any verdulería (early) in the day when it comes from the market.......

There is a verdulería on Serrano somewhere between Corrientes and Cordoba that has by far the most fantastic selection of greens that i've seen in BA. They even have fresh cilantro!!!!!!

romaine can be found as the others have said... good real caesar dressing is the tough thing!!! I have to second Kansas with Lee... great caesar salad there!!!

argsteve said:
good real caesar dressing is the tough thing!!!
Not tough at all..... I make a mean Caesar dressing without the anchovies.

In a little over a month, I am about to have kilos upon kilos, of Organic Sun Gold Tomatoes!!! The Little Orange Cheery, ones...For your Caesar Salad. I am hoping to make weekly trips into Palermo and Downtown to make a few drop offs. About to start taking orders....write me a Private Message, if interested.
Farmer Drew

As with anything here, if you want it and don't want to pay through the nose for it, you have to make it yourself. Honestly, making a good caesar dressing is easy! Just google recipes and you'll find one that suits your tastes. I don't typically eat anchovies, but when I make the dressing I do mince up a little to throw in there for authentic flavor. Get some good parmesean, make some awesome garlic croutons, maybe grill some lemon pepper chicken and you'll have an amazing salad in no time at home and for hardly any money at all.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Food and Drink 8