Rosario restaurants

zork

Registered
Can anyone recommend some good restaurants in Rosario?

Also, if anyone knows of a nice hotel / hostel that fairly inexpensive.

Hotel Presidente is near the center, nice, and not too expensive.

There are some good restaurants by the river along the promenade. I wish I could remember names, but there are a few bunched together.

Have a good trip.

I ate at Silos Davis and thought it was pretty good.

I stayed at the Savoy, which I think might be the nicest hotel I have ever stayed for $55.

We enjoyed Bar & Resto VIP on either Alem or Rioja, at the base of Messi's apartment building. Very good, and a great value.

My favorite for fish is Escauriza (0341.454.1927) in front of the Playa Florida...has a good deck with view of water. . . you can see the lovely bridge over the Parana. Parking can be tricky--turn up the hill to the right at the corner of the restaurant and keep going til you find a spot.
For a rather unusual Japanese venue, again with view of the Rio Parana, try Senor Ming in the Estacion Fluvial, which is right on the River in front of the Plaza de Bandera. If you walk through the restaurant there is very private and beautiful garden area with dining with full view of a harbor area. It's so beautiful that I eat verrry slowly. (0341) 411-8000. It can be hard to notice this restaurant...there are lots of cafes right in the open on the waterfront--just keep walking downstream until you see the restaurant at the very end, in its own building, surrounded by garden walls.
In general there are lots of small restaurants along the waterfront. For great beef (try the Mar del Plata cut) and a view of ships passing by, I especially enjoy Don Ferro. 0341 421 1927.
For coffee, the traditional restobar is El Cairo.
Hotel Presidente is very nice and well located.
I love just walking around the Plaza de la Bandera and the nearby waterfront park area...on weekends there are ferias de artesanias.
I live just 60 km away and enjoy every visit to Rosario. . . when I took an international group of 30 visiting Unitarian Universalists, the ones from Brazil said it best: "Wow, they never tell us in Brazil that Argentina can be this nice!" :)

Thanks for the help... we ended up staying at Hotel Presidente and it was very nice - AR$360 per night. VIP had great hamburgers, lomo sandwiches and french fries!

Back