Rosario Vs. Ba

Joe

Registered
I've been in Rosario for about a week now and here are my initial impressions:

People seem to similar to BA in levels of friendliness and rudeness.

The food situation is like BA five years ago. Very little ethnic food. Not many "healthy" restaurants. Found two Mexican restaurants, two Arab restaurants and one sushi place. My beloved Chinese operated food by weight buffets are a rarity here.

Seafood and fish are very popular here. This is a surprise to me given that BA being a coastal city has much less seafood and fish available. The Coto around the corner has mostly fish on offer in his buffet table. Mariscos con arroz, Atun mayonesa, Merluza, etc. Walking down the street different forms of Merluza are on offer as the Menu del Dia. What's the deal with Rosario and fish?

Not many people yelling Cambio on Cordoba (Rosario's version of Florida St.). Sometimes none...

It is difficult to find a good temporary apartment here. I had to move out of the first one and the second one has problems, e.g the slowest internet I've had anywhere in the world. Both of these apartments are sparsely equipped: 4 glasses, 4 plates, 4 spoons and 4 forks and that's about it.

The streets are much less lively than in BA. The central core seems to desert at night as most people head to their suburban homes.

Well that's about all I can think of...

I've been to Rosario several times and actually like it a lot. It's not Buenos Aires, Capital at all though. The area around the costanera, and other central attractions I found to be cleaner and quite inviting. The area around the monument is also quite pretty. Great architecture all over central Rosario. I had a friend who owned a sushi restaurant in a really nice area called Fisherton, about 20 minutes outside of the center. I did feel somewhat nervous walking around in the evening due to the fact that there is quite a nasty drug and crime problem in Rosario these days. I don't know if it is or is not true, but from what I hear and read in the news every day, it's somewhat unnerving.

Seafood is great in Rosario mostly river catch. Check the restos by the river straight down from the Monument to La Bandera...!

For a treat go to the Savoy Hotel Resto

http://www.despegar.com.ar/hoteles/h-227297/esplendor-savoy-rosario-rosario?pageNbr=1&cl=4&totalHotels=70&rid=6460

Reactions: Joe
Back