Rugby, Saturday, the "Crunch" : England-France, a Classic

French jurist

Registered
This game will be on screens in one of the few French bars in BA : "Le Merval" in the Centro.

You can already bet that England will beat France by 20 points (this year) but still, it can be a fun experience to watch the game in a French environment with a few French Vascos, a French atmosphere (a bit Latin), different stuff overall.

I'll be booking a table, people free to join, PM me.

French jurist said:
it can be a fun experience to watch the game in a French environment with a few French Vascos

That's my ancestry! I'm a Biarritz fan BTW. I hope your predictions don't come true. I like tight scores.

Afraid I will be watching it in Sugar with the Anglo crowd. In the words of my good friend,
"Thoroughly looking forward to watching the frogmen being fed a hearty portion of roast beef tomorrow".
Yes indeed.

Hehe!! In fact I might end up in Sugar eventually, hoping the Blues won't win (lol).

But let's face it, you have today a solid team, -almost- ready for the WC (we don't), with automatisms (we don't), much fresher (we are not but this is due to the season in France), physically stronger, etc etc.

Furthermore this being an uneven year, you're playing at Twickie.

On our side, we should have eventually lost facing Ireland (we just won because Ireland played bad as well). Our defence is weak.

What more to add ?! England "should" win !

But but but... This being an England-France, it's always something different and the Blues are never more dangerous than when they are supposed to lose heavily (look at the past All Blacks-Blues games).

If the Blues manage to "mute" Young & Flood, maybe do we stand a chance, also if we play our classic "Champagne Rugby".

If we lose, it could be an historical "déculottée" (spanking)...

Let's just hope that the game won't turn out to be a violent one with stupid reactions, because for sure the Blues are going to "rot" the game in order to break your rhythm.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E Expat Life 0
enriquetta Expat Life 0
B Culture 0
F Expat Events 0
T Expat Events 0
Back