Rumour: Plan to crash BODEN 2012 bond prices

el_expatriado said:
Who is going to sell a boden 2012 bond right now? It expires in two months. People are going to wait and get the capital payment. Good luck crashing this bond.

There is no way the government is going to pay this bond in pesos.
You certainly know more about this high finance stuff than myself for sure. However, I have a difficult time believing what any politician tells me. My problem for sure.

Associated Press Archive - October 30, 2001
Hoping to soothe jittery investors, President Fernando De la Rua insisted Tuesday that Argentina would keep up its debt payments to investors and maintain the peso's one-to-one peg with the U.S. dollar. "There will be no devaluation, no default," De la Rua told reporters shortly after the Buenos Aires stock market opened.After sliding in early trading, the Merval index of leading shares closed up 1.8 percent to 223.58 points, a day...

dennisr said:
You certainly know more about this high finance stuff than myself for sure. However, I have a difficult time believing what any politician tells me. My problem for sure.

Associated Press Archive - October 30, 2001
Hoping to soothe jittery investors, President Fernando De la Rua insisted Tuesday that Argentina would keep up its debt payments to investors and maintain the peso's one-to-one peg with the U.S. dollar. "There will be no devaluation, no default," De la Rua told reporters shortly after the Buenos Aires stock market opened.After sliding in early trading, the Merval index of leading shares closed up 1.8 percent to 223.58 points, a day...

You don't have to believe me or the politicians. Look at the price of this bond. It just keeps going up.

The market is not worried about the Boden 2012.

Back