Safe Towns in Argentina with Inexpensive Private Schools

I lived in Washington more than 20 years and never heard Maret mentioned in the
same breath, scholastically, as Sidwell Friends (the top), National Cathedral School
for Girls, or St. Alban's for boys. Could have changed since 2005 but not much.

St. Alban's Choir Boys very well known ? Was a movie about priests ..!

San Luis is a nice place, clean, and with a climate similar to Palm Springs,Ca. Regarding schools for children at an affordable price, I would suggest to check the local Jewish schools in BA. They are excenlent. I would recommend the BIALIK school in Villa Devoto,on Mosconi Av.

I lived in Washington for forty-two years - Sidwell Friends, National Cathedral, and St. Albans were for the children of the well connected, wealthy elites. Maret and Georgetown Day school were not PRESTIGE schools, but also good scholastically.

A friend's daughter was accepted at Sidwell Friends and Maret, and wait-listed at Georgetown Day. She chose Maret, and upon graduation was admitted at a very competitive Ivy League college. She found freshman year a breeze - the university proved far less rigorous than Maret.

Sidwell Friends is of course Quaker. Obama's daughters went there. National Cathedral School is where Amy Carter studied. Her father had enrolled her in a Washington DC public school. This got tremendous press. Then after a couple of months (or maybe less) when it was apparent that it was a terrible school, he quietly withdrew her (funny how a liberal wouldn't practice what he preached).
Georgetown Prep should also be mentioned. Like all Jesuit schools, it is academically superior.

I take your word you are our local Expert ...! You didn't comment on the Ort School..? Of course Newman is where Macri went..

Newman was an elite school long before Macri (and his sons) were enrolled there. Probably the most important school for social connections. Ort is considered very good academically. Newman is Catholic; Ort Jewish. Newman used to be run by the Irish Christian Brothers but they decided to leave Argentina and gave the school to a lay board to run.
As someone said, Lincoln is for the very rich who are just passing through and who want a good American style public school type education. I believe they follow the American academic calendar with classes starting in September, at least they used to.

Newman was an elite school long before Macri (and his sons) were enrolled there. Probably the most important school for social connections. Ort is considered very good academically. Newman is Catholic; Ort Jewish. Newman used to be run by the Irish Christian Brothers but they decided to leave Argentina and gave the school to a lay board to run.
As someone said, Lincoln is for the very rich who are just passing through and who want a good American style public school type education. I believe they follow the American academic calendar with classes starting in September, at least they used to.

No mention of El Nacional where Kicillof and other K attended..!

You might consider Gualeguaychu. Has some natural beauty along the river. Somewhat popular for Argentina tourists as it hosts Carnival in February and others come for the river beach and activities. Easy access to Uruguay. 3 hour drive to BA. Inexpensive. No foreign community to speak of. Won't have a lot of people answering back in English. I think it is pretty safe, I have never had any problems. I will get back about to you about private schools.....

You might consider Gualeguaychu. Has some natural beauty along the river. Somewhat popular for Argentina tourists as it hosts Carnival in February and others come for the river beach and activities. Easy access to Uruguay. 3 hour drive to BA. Inexpensive. No foreign community to speak of. Won't have a lot of people answering back in English. I think it is pretty safe, I have never had any problems. I will get back about to you about private schools.....
The private school is Colegio Las Victorias. And a public school near Plaza San Martin is Escuela Guillermo Rawson

Bariloche is a big city, maybe 500,000 people and close to being the second largest in Argentina... Has everything you're looking for, I think, and perhaps a bit safer than other cities. Dunno.

This is 100% not true. It is nowhere near the second largest city which is Rosario, FYI. Bariloche at its best is №35 on the list of biggest cities.

https://www.foroambiental.net/el-ba...re-los-cincuenta-mas-contaminantes-del-mundo/

Safe? No. The garbage is burning 24/7/365. This does not stop poor people to seek food from the dumpster, 70% of Bariloche are poor people living behind the Cerro Otto with no lake view, people who gain money only 3-4 months a year on law paid jobs (barilochenses are hotel and restuarant workers en general), living in selfmade illegal houses favella style. You don`t see this from 2 nice centric streets. Cheers.

If you find a safe town there will be no private school at all, for many reasons.

Back