Salsero/as

Gaucho Sam

Registered
Anyone here? (Not quite sure which forum to put this one in)

I haven't danced for ages, beyond a couple of brief visits to Azúcar Almagro. Partly through laziness but mostly through having no-one to go with, and girls tend to take one look at the gringo and decide they won't dance with him because he can't be any good - well that and I'm a little shy asking locals (not so shy I can't at all).

I can't be the only salsa dancer on here though, surely? I've been doing it about three years (LA/crossbody style, though I'm happy to give Cuban a go too, having been dancing in Havana) but if you're either much better or much worse doesn't matter. If anyone fancies accompanying me some time, please send a PM or reply!

I'm male, by the way, but if you are too and you just want someone to explore the salsa discos with that's cool. I just feel I'd be heading out a bit more often if I actually had some company.

(On a side note, does anyone have any idea where Willie Colón is likely to be playing in August? His website just says 'Argentina'. I assume it's BA but the venue's still TBD...)

Back