Salt and Vinegar crisps

scotttswan

Registered
Just back from Uruguay and found salt and vinegar crisps at Tienda Inglesa.
They are Herr's kettle ones, not as good as McCoy's but decent enough.

They also had a lot of other imported food so when you're in Uruguay you should have a look and see if they have anything you're pining for.

so no Golden Wonder then ?

About 18 months ago , I found Caledonian 80 shillings ale in the same shop . The customs guy at Buquebus was trying to work out why I had 12 bottles of beer in my carry on ......

Salt and Vinegar crisps... almost worth a trip to Uruguay just for that!

glasgowjohn said:
so no Golden Wonder then ?

About 18 months ago , I found Caledonian 80 shillings ale in the same shop . The customs guy at Buquebus was trying to work out why I had 12 bottles of beer in my carry on ......

I'd kill for a pint of Deuchars! They didn't have any Caledonian when i was there but there is an "Irish" pub in downtown Montevideo who had Scottish imported beer last time i was there. Not the cheapest though.

I think we visited the Irish pub you mentioned . We went in for a Guinness but ended up having bottled Scotish beer that I didn't recognise , but was actually quite good.

Just in case you miss it , you can also buy Walkers shortbread from time to time in the duty-free shop on-board Buquebus

On another note, Coto currently stock Herr's kettle crisps, They didn't have Salt and Vinegar flavour in the one in Balvanera but some of the others might actually have them.

@glasgowjohn I tend to use Colonia Express as its cheaper and faster. Shortbread is also pretty easy to make. I've also made Haggis once although i had to use beef instead of lamb, It was ok but nothing like the real thing.

Thanks for the recipes !!

When I am going to MVD , I tend to stick with Buquebus as I can work on the way over with the onboard wifi. We use Colonia Express when we are having a weekend away in Colonia

We will try the shortbread one , might miss out on haggis until our next trip home>

Did your Mum ever make tablet?

glasgowjohn said:
Thanks for the recipes !!

When I am going to MVD , I tend to stick with Buquebus as I can work on the way over with the onboard wifi. We use Colonia Express when we are having a weekend away in Colonia

We will try the shortbread one , might miss out on haggis until our next trip home>

Did your Mum ever make tablet?

nah but my gran did.

http://www.scruss.com/tablet.html
I made that one last year. turned out good.

I don't blame you re: the haggis. you beef offal is just too strong in flavour to make a good haggis.

Back