San Martin de los Andes?

Wisconsinite

Registered
Has San Martin been affected by volcano ash? Is a visit currently advisable?

Is it possible to travel from San Martin to Esquel by bus?

Welcome! I don't live on the west side of the country but one of our 'cousins' from Bariloche or thereabouts is bound to be along shortly to give you up-to-date information about the ash. As a general rule you can get to anywhere from anywhere by bus in Argentina. In the case of San Martin to Esquel you would change buses in Bariloche. You can buy this as two separate journeys if you plan to stop in Bariloche or ask for a 'combinación' which will book your ticket right through. Unless you are travelling at a peak holiday time or on a public holiday you don't need to book ahead: just turn up and buy your ticket and go on the next bus - that should give you extra flexibility for your planning if you need it.

welcome friends...

I'm from Rio Negro, Patagonia ... I talk constantly with my family that lives there and the problem persists .. Travel and surely you can travel to many landscapes will enjoy .. But who says?

You have 2 ways to go than the plane that is suspended ... One is with the bus and another is taking a train from Constitucion to El Carmen - Viedma .. There I can get free hosting .. passage out 44 pesos .. and finally the train Viedma - Bariloche with cabins, first class or economy class .. the train has cinema, coffee drinks ...landscapes of wonder 100 percent sure

If I can help you with something more .. :)

good place!

I haven't heard anything about them being affected. I suppose on a windy day they may ge the ash in the air. I really have no idea. But Esquel is not that close to Bariloche. Our friends drove to that airport and it was a 3 hour drive. San Martin is 3 hours North of us. Nuequen would be closer to arrive at. I think they have an airport too??

Nicole_Ramirez said:
I haven't heard anything about them being affected. I suppose on a windy day they may ge the ash in the air. I really have no idea. But Esquel is not that close to Bariloche. Our friends drove to that airport and it was a 3 hour drive. San Martin is 3 hours North of us. Nuequen would be closer to arrive at. I think they have an airport too??

If, as you say .. Neuquen is one of Argentina's most important airports and the time the bus to Bariloche is about ... Who has time to travel, advise you on the train trip Viedma - Bariloche ...

And who will let me know Neuquen city I know people traveling from there ..!

good day!

Nuequen would indeed be the better airport to travel into.

I'll be there for NYE this year -well, actually Lago Paimún. I've never been and am looking forward to it! We're going to drive since it's too dicey with flights being canceled.

Emmiolo
Thanks for the tip about the train. Any idea where I can view schedules, prices etc for the train service you describe. How long does the train take?. Bus is about 20 hrs I believe. I've done a few google searches, but nothing yet.

.. a pleasure to help you ... the direction the train is Patagonico ..

http://www.trenpatagonico-sa.com.ar/ .. Prices range from 50 pesos to the cabin 150/200 is incredible!

The price of train Buenos Aires - Patagones / Viedma is the most affordable 60 pesos ...

If you're taking the train Viedma to recommend you look for pictures of Viedma - The Loberia - El Condor in google images ... I recommend that you are one of the most inhospitable and isolated beaches that I know ... Besides in this time you can see wolves, lions and elephant seals .. and most importantly the Whales ..

From Viedma can go "Camino de la Costa" from to San Antonio Oeste you can make and from there you can also take your train to Bariloche ..!

Saludos!!

Note that this also alert the Hudson volcano, Chile .. People are evacuating .. If it erupts, I think that affected the south of Argentina..!

Back