Sbarro New York Pizza is coming to Buenos Aires.

I disagree. Most people (Yanquis I mean) probably grew up with bad pizza, unless they're from NYC or thereabouts. I spent part of my childhood in places where people would argue over whether Pizza Hut or Domino's was better. And I'm old enough to remember when Pizza Hut had real restaurants with tables and servers.

You also can't say which is pizza is awful without saying which you think is better...
Renzi,

This might help:

I don’t think many here have been on a drink and drug fueled night out in the UK if they don’t appreciate the wonders of Pizza Hut or Dominos. Eating it cold off the cardboard when you wake up in the morning is a cherished memory.

I disagree. Most people (Yanquis I mean) probably grew up with bad pizza, unless they're from NYC or thereabouts. I spent part of my childhood in places where people would argue over whether Pizza Hut or Domino's was better. And I'm old enough to remember when Pizza Hut had real restaurants with tables and servers.

You also can't say which is pizza is awful without saying which you think is better...
I don't think Pizza Hut or Dominos is good pizza. I grew up in southern California. I like thin crust, crisp, pizza with good marinara sauce, real mozzarella cheese and a choice of toppings. Served piping hot, eaten in hand. I ate many good pizzas in Italy. Different than California, but quality ingredients. I am so very sorry, but I don't like the pizza here.

the golden age of pizza hut :)

lvqvp66l4w531.jpg

I don't think Pizza Hut or Dominos is good pizza. I grew up in southern California. I like thin crust, crisp, pizza with good marinara sauce, real mozzarella cheese and a choice of toppings. Served piping hot, eaten in hand. I ate many good pizzas in Italy. Different than California, but quality ingredients. I am so very sorry, but I don't like the pizza here.

Funny you should mention SoCal, the best pizza I ever had was in LA. A place in Venice Beach owned by a Jewish family originally from the Bronx who patented the "bagel crust":

About the super thick crusted pizzas here - I didn't particularly like them when I first arrived (I prefer the traditional thin crust) but weirdly enough I've grown to be quite fond of it nowadays.

NY Pizza is great if you just want a few bites as a snack or tea (and I agree with what someone else said about it being pretty oily) but if I want a proper meal I find it more enjoyable to have a local BA style pizza with an empanada or two.

That being said I've found decent thin crust pizzas at several places (apart from the US$3 pizzas from ugi's haha), there's one place near las heras subte that I used to go to when I lived nearby that does it pretty well imo

Young me would end up there after reading 6 books a quarter for my very own free personal pan pizza. and I would crush that salad bar.
hell yeah, same here. i used to love the little final four mini basketballs too.

In NY: for me the best is ROBERTA'S. Just writing the name makes my mouth water. A delicacy. However, all those pizza stores in NY lack the "smell of pizza (a mixture of pizza and cardboard box) so characteristic of Buenos Aires...

Roberta's has one I like called the Cheesus Christ. It lives up to its name.

For me too, pizza in Buenos Aires was a major disappointment. In Palermo, 'Cosi mi Piace' at El Salvador 4618 (Rome style) and 'Siamo nel Forno' at Costa Rica 5886 (Napoli style) do reasonably good Italian pizza.

Back